Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messing up on the day?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone study hard all year, then blank out on the day of the exam and then do badly even though they knew everything? This happens to me when I panic but for the leaving do you know everything so well that it all comes back to you? If you work hard all year are you fairly safe for the exams or is it still dodgy on the day? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Same kinda thing happened to me in History; although it wasn't that I'd studied hard all year, it was just that I could have answered pretty much everything on the paper and ended up totally messing up the time. Still got a B1 though so it wasn't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I went blank when I was flicking through my paper in Chemistry. Was just glancing through the questions and thought "what?"

But, when I got down to actually writing, it all started coming back to me.

Don't be worrying about it now anyway. Just enjoy the final 10 days or whatever of your Summer holidays. Last thing you should be worrying about is going blank in your exams. Keep yourself calm, composed, consistant and responsible all year and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I totally messed up English Paper 2- I spent so long on comparative that I totally rushed Macbeth and freaked out at Poetry so didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Tom1111 wrote: »
    Anyone study hard all year, then blank out on the day of the exam and then do badly even though they knew everything? This happens to me when I panic but for the leaving do you know everything so well that it all comes back to you? If you work hard all year are you fairly safe for the exams or is it still dodgy on the day? Thanks.

It's possible you'll mess up a paper or two in the LC, but generally speaking, you'll get the grades you deserve if you apply yourself in each subject. You should just take a few deep breaths and remain calm at the start of the exam; go with your best question first etc. Remember: If you've studied the course comprehensively, there's no reason for you to blank out. Just be confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dante

I was kinda the opposite! I did the very minimal all year but absolutely everything seemed to just fall into place on the day for every exam! It was very wierd but good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Completely blanked on the on my art exam it was a fantastic paper basicaly everything we covered over the year came up but when I started the papers I just blanked out completely and got a page out per topic. Luckily I did a decent practical and came out with a C3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I messed up on Irish paper 2 but I still ended up with an A2. Damn literature :(. I would love the A1 but I won't be appealing if there's a slight chance of me going up. I got my first choice and that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

i went completely blank in irish p2. couldn't remember a thing. my p1 must have been a lot better than i thought though, because i still got a d1

so i think that if you go blank on one paper, it's not the end of the world, and you should be fine overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

it is very difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I kick ass at English and got a B1 due to panicking and writing a seriously messy essay on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Biology..Gah. Was pretty much set for an A1, everything went wrong on the day, and I got a B2. Not happy at all.

My Irish 2 was a bit of a mess too. I made up an An Triail character in a panic, and that should have been a section I did very well in. Bleh.

Was also set for an A1 in Geography. Got an A2 because I was in a tizzy after maths 1, thinking I'd failed, and couldn't concentrate for the first while. Think it's my shorts that killed me there. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭xochillixo

was determined to get an A in home ec cus im the queen of home ec n average at everytin else... the paper jst did not suit me i followed sum leads dat led me in the wrong direction..... vegetarianism wdf???? neways ended up wit b1 supose nt 2 bad....

Advertisement