Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies cartier valuation?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,869 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Maybe someone can help me here. Excuse the rubbish snaps, but this is my mums 18ct quartz cartier tank. Bought new by her in DUblin 7-8 years ago for IR£3,250.

She now wants a stainless steel cartier on a bracelet, i saw one in blowers s/h for 1,250 and a new one goes for nearly 2k from them.

i had suggested that maybe id get her the stainless steel one and she could give me the gold one in lieu and i would give it to my fiancee as a surprise present on our wedding day next year.

so everyone was happy, however mark from blowers gave me a rough guide on the gold one, he reckons that they would only sell it at 750-£1500. I had thought that it would be worth more.

Does anyone have any idea if that is an accurate value, ive seen similar ones on their website for nearer 2.5k, but there may be differences that im not aware of, im not too well up on cartiers.

the only reason i care is that i want to make sure i get the missus a good un and not a 'budget' cartier!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

There are 2 shops in the Powerscourt Centre, on the first floor, that sell lots of second-hand Cartier watches. Maybe pop into them and see what they say. And anyway, a 'budget' Cartier is still a Cartier... :D

Advertisement