Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

date ideas ....

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hey,

Ive started seeing this girl. I really like her. We have gone on a few dates and text regularly. I think she likes me too. I want to make the extra effort with her. Originally i was going to take her out for a picnic on wed (day time ... as i have to work the night). However the weather is meant to be crap.
    Does anyone have any good idea/interesting/romantic or other wise beyond the lunch and cinema ? Go Karting? Quasar? museum? Any walks that are still nice in overcast/misty weather ? Im in the dublin area BTW.

Thanks

agent_smith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Op. Dont know what age you guys are but there are loadsa great date venues in Dublin. You cant go wrong with the Zoo, theres a CSI exhibition in the Ambassador, loadsa Art galleries, shopping in Blanchardstown, meal, cinema, game of pool, Charlestown on Ice has a brilliant ice skating rink and the Viking splash tour is another option :) have fun on your date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Went on a mini-golf date recently and that was great fun. It makes it more interesting when there's a competitive edge.

You could go for a walk to a scenic spot. If its raining go to a visitor centre/museum. Find a nice coffeeshop in the area to relax after.

Dvd night in. Cook a meal. Take out a few board games.

Go to a concert. What music is your date in to? Maybe she likes the theatre?

Trip to the beach paddling is quite romantic. Bring a few blankets, fruit and wine.

Go to a sports event(only if she likes sports).

Take a pottery class, make and paint your own ceramics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

CSI exhibit ftw! Me and the boyf are gonna go soon. Looks really fun! Also, the Ivy Gardens or the Botanics are lovely in all weather. I had a great date in Woodies one time as well. DIY stores are fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Do you reckon go karting is a good idea ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

Not unless she expressly says she likes that kind of thing...:confused:

Powerscourt waterfall ?
    Zoo ?
    Theatre - live ?
    Music gig ?

• Advertisement

I had promised my ex I would take her out on a picnic too. However it started to absolutely lash. What I decided to do was cook all the food, get the blanket, the wine, the paper plates - basically everything you would need on a proper picnic, and just bring it to her house and we had it indoors instead.

It worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Lo23

A guy took me on a date on the Viking Splash Tour..have to say it was one of the best dates ive ever been on, so much fun!!

whatever ye are going to do give her a heads up regarding what to wear! I would love to be taken to the zoo!!! you could surprise her and when you pick her up You could buy her a cuddly animal (so cute) as a clue as to where ye are going! ye could have a picnic then in phoenix park (if its raining have the picnic in the car with a flask of hot chocolate and chocolate croisants etc)

been trying to get my boyf of 4 years to bring me, for about the four years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Go to the beach and build sandcastles! Or go to the Zoo or a petting farm of some sort. Girls go weak at the knees for animals....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

D-Generate wrote: »
    Girls go weak at the knees for animals....

What a bizarre comment...... Some girls actually dislike animals, despite popular belief! Others are apathetic towards them and some love them. Usual breakdown tbh. :rolleyes:

And you'd wanna check she isn't allergic. I like bunnies but I can't go anywhere near one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

keep this quiet..................lol

bring her out to dun laoghaire on the dart. go for a walk on the south pier - i think (its the nice one!). then go for a bite to eat in the gourmet burger restaurant or mao back up on the main road. then bring to Teddy's for a 99!

keep it to yourself. if ya get a decent day you'll both enjoy it and won't break the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

LadyJ wrote: »
    What a bizarre comment...... Some girls actually dislike animals, despite popular belief! Others are apathetic towards them and some love them. Usual breakdown tbh. :rolleyes:

And you'd wanna check she isn't allergic. I like bunnies but I can't go anywhere near one.

+1. I actually love animals but i'd be less than impressed if taken to a zoo. I think they're cruel and I don't like the whole captivity thing. So that would be me in date hell.:pac:

OP - basically something thoughtful and sweet. Whatever that is. Id maybe stay away from something 'actiony' like go karting. I'd personally be afraid i'd make a tit of myself. Cue bumper car flashbacks where you're stuck in the corner, kinda thing.

Somewhere you can both relax is a good bet.

Good luck.;)

Advertisement