Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i do this???

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I got arts in maynooth but i want to take this year off and start it next year? Am i guaranteed I'll be able to do it? I got only 5 more points than the required amount but what if it goes up next year? Will it effect me? How do I defer it? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

I am not entirely sure how deferred places work as I am not doing it myself however my impression of it was that your place was guaranteed next year.

Here is the information about it in the CAO hand book. http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index5.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Pathan_89 wrote: »
    I got arts in maynooth but i want to take this year off and start it next year? Am i guaranteed I'll be able to do it? I got only 5 more points than the required amount but what if it goes up next year? Will it effect me? How do I defer it? :(

If you defer your gaurenteed your place for next year. You have to contact the CAO asap and then next year you apply to the CAO as normal except with only your defered course on it.

Advertisement