Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just think...

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

That's it for those of us who got what we wanted,
    No more school,no more doing classes that we think are pointless,No more panicking with the leaving,The build up,The hope that we got what we needed,The night and minutes before the results nerves and of course the night before we find out what we're going to be doing with our life,Be it option 1 or 2 or even 10 :)

Seems really weird sitting here,Knowing I'm never going to go back to that school,Chances are I'll see very few of my friends from it again,Bar a few from my close "circle" of friends,Which just isn't setting in yet the people i've spent 5 years of my life with will play very little in the rest of it..

I'm kinda looking forward to what the coming years bring,Anyone else?

Also to all those who are repeating and have just read that post and thought "That idiot(putting it nicely) going to college this year" don't think that!I have great respect for all of you in actually doing what you want to do,My ideal job would of been a vet but there is no way in hell I'd have the patience or the commitment to go back again and work like mad to get enough points,For you,You can look back and think how hard you worked to get into the course which is another great achievement!

Well done all,And let's hope we all enjoy the college life ahead of us,And those doing other things,Enjoy it to :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

yup...great thread

*sarcasm*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I have it all to come :o
    Im not going to think about that for another 2 weeks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Ricky91t wrote: »
    No more school,no more doing classes that we think are pointless,No more panicking with the leaving,The build up,The hope that we got what we needed,The night and minutes before the results nerves and of course the night before we find out what we're going to be doing with our life,Be it option 1 or 2 or even 10 :)

Seems really weird sitting here,Knowing I'm never going to go back to that school,Chances are I'll see very few of my friends from it again,Bar a few from my close "circle" of friends,Which just isn't setting in yet the people i've spent 5 years of my life with will play very little in the rest of it..

Also to all those who are repeating and have just read that post and thought "That idiot(putting it nicely) going to college this year" don't think that!I have great respect for all of you in actually doing what you want to do,My ideal job would of been a vet but there is no way in hell I'd have the patience or the commitment to go back again and work like mad to get enough points,For you,You can look back and think how hard you worked to get into the course which is another great achievement!

Well done all,And let's hope we all enjoy the college life ahead of us,And those doing other things,Enjoy it to :)

I can't wait for college! The independance of going out and not having teachers who treat you like a first year two weeks before graduation:mad:

I do not think the friends parting is going to hit me til we go our seperate ways or til i think of txting them to go out and they are in a different country/ school

But we are done:) Forever this was the hardest thing of education/exams and we finished even if repeating at least you know what to expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    yup...great thread

*sarcasm*

If you have nothing of worth to contribute then don't bother posting.
    Sneering, pointless remarks are not appreciated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

yea its weird, 7 years of primary and 5 years of secondary and then one day your told to get lost! getting the bus at 8 30 is all i no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

i repeated it was difficult watching all my friends go off to college, but i have to say i think it was the best thing ive ever done granted waiting for results/offers this year was a million times worse then last year(bit more pressure to get what you want 2nd time round). In reality second time round its a lot easier, you know a lot of the course/ how the system works etc. and i think ive grown up an awful lot and i also think it's made me a lot more sure of what i want.

thats for anyone upset about repeating.......

on that note IM FINALLY ****ING FINISHED SCHOOL the realisation won't hit me till christmas i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

yup...great thread

*sarcasm*

I think this thread is fantastic.... Here's to the OP for a fantastic thread.

*not sarcasm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

yup...great thread

*sarcasm*

Seriously, that's just completely unnecessary. And rude. What's wrong with the thread exactly?

So anyways... I got my first choice, Medicine in NUIG (and worked like a dog to get it ;)) and I...can't really describe how it feels. Pretty damn amazing anyways! I loved secondary school, but at the same time, I'm just so glad that I'm finally moving on with my life. College's gonna be great, eh?

Well done to everyone, whether you got what you wanted or not. I'd strongly recommend repeating if you need to; it's only a year, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

There's always one ^

Sure we can't all be cheery and optimistic all the time

I keep thinking that too! No more willing the bell to ring...enduring that icky disgusting uniform. No more "OH EM GEEZ, CHRISTMAS EXAMS"

I hated Christmas exams. They meant sweet **** all and got me all nervous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 woohooo

Happy days!! Oh happy daaay ay ays!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hopefully by the time we're out the other side of college,They'll be jobs again :)

I don't know anyone going to my course in UCC so it'll be cool to make new friends again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

I'm repeating, and at first I thought exactly that. I would have used the term wanker, but whatever. But that's actually a nice thread. I needn't see it exactly as all that, but as you said it'll be a great feeling after it's all over. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

yea its weird, 7 years of primary and 5 years of secondary and then one day your told to get lost! getting the bus at 8 30 is all i no.

You got away quite lightly!

2 years playschool(:D), 8 years primary and 7 years(repeated) Secondary

Kinda nervous and excited about college really. We all have to move on at some stage i guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I was incredibly sad to see some of my friends go on the last day knowing I will probably never see them again in similar circumstances for quite some time. But hey, theres always facebook :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

What a brilliant thread:) Fair play, definetely agree with that all.. I actually admire those who are repeating and honestly I hope yaz are happy. Im just looking forward now to getting DCU. I've my debs tomorrow and it is only dawning on me that I may indeed not really be with these same people again. It's quite sad, I think I'll be all emotional tomorrow. Can't wait for the night's out and the fact that really, if you dont feel like being there, you really dont have to be. I'm not saying I'm going to waste my year but it'll be so much less stress and pressure from that stupid leaving.. god it wrecked my head! :mad: Roll on the good times I say:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

stylee wrote: »
    What a brilliant thread:) Fair play, definetely agree with that all.. I actually admire those who are repeating and honestly I hope yaz are happy. Im just looking forward now to getting DCU. I've my debs tomorrow and it is only dawning on me that I may indeed not really be with these same people again. It's quite sad, I think I'll be all emotional tomorrow. Can't wait for the night's out and the fact that really, if you dont feel like being there, you really dont have to be. I'm not saying I'm going to waste my year but it'll be so much less stress and pressure from that stupid leaving.. god it wrecked my head! :mad: Roll on the good times I say:)

Agreed!

Enjoy your debs tomorrow and don't get too pissed that you can't remember the great night.

BTW I wouldn't go to college with that outlook lol.

ha aww thanks:D and yeah im soo going to live it up in college anyway:):)
    it will be some craic guyyss:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

stylee wrote: »
    ha aww thanks:D and yeah im soo going to live it up in college anyway:):)
    it will be some craic guyyss:D

hahaha that's what everyone says :pac::pac::pac::pac:

One thing i will say is i'll miss all me teachers bar 2. They really were fantastic all legends in their own way and people i'll never forget. But i guess it's time to move on eh?

celtic723 wrote: »

One thing i will say is i'll miss all me teachers bar 2.

THAT IS ALWAYS THE WAY..
    There's always some stupid teachers that you wont care about not seeing. Im going to miss the craic in class we all had but I suppose will have to get over it soon anyway. Hope college is better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

No more school
    no more doing classes that we think are pointless
    No more panicking with the leaving
    The build up
    The hope that we got what we needed
    The night and minutes before the results nerves and of course the night before we find out what we're going to be doing with our life,Be it option 1 or 2 or even 10 :)

No because now you will be
    at lectures that you think are pointless,
    panicking about tutorial presentations,
    the build up to your finals,
    the hope that you pass and don't have to repeat a year,
    the hope that theres a job for you at the end of it all,
    the night and minutes before your results EVERY YEAR for the next 3-5 years depending on the course,

oh and yeah ... the crippling poverty.

Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

There have been 15-20 of classmates in my school that i've gone through the whole lot with since Junior Infants, it's going to be strange not seeing the same faces everyday! I'm going to miss the laugh i had in both primary and secondary school. School has made me who I am to be honest but theres a time we have to move on but theres always town on the weekends to sort that out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

peanuthead wrote: »
    No because now you will be
    at lectures that you think are pointless,
    panicking about tutorial presentations,
    the build up to your finals,
    the hope that you pass and don't have to repeat a year,
    the hope that theres a job for you at the end of it all,
    the night and minutes before your results EVERY YEAR for the next 3-5 years depending on the course,

oh and yeah ... the crippling poverty.

Enjoy! :D

But it's going to be in something I enjoy :pac:

Advertisement