Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 cecond chonograph

Options
  • 17-08-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

A new watch arrived in the post today and on the face it says 30 cecond chonograph, is that a misspelling, I don't know what a chonograph is, the watch isn't a chronograph, and I've never seen second spelled with a c ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I hope you didn't pay much for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

lol thats pretty funny , no it was 30 euro , impulse buy from wus, I like it though
    I can't believe they are misspellings surely not, misspell second on a watch face thats hilarious maybe they were trying to be cool , I googled chonograph and there are many watches decribed as,
    I'm going to email the makers support and see what the story is.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=293094

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A mate of mine brought a watch back from India many years back and it had Bollex on the dial. Pretty good(mechanical too) copy of a Rolex oyster. Class. :D

I know, I know the charter what I did wrote has a blanket ban on fakes, but c'mon, "Bollex"? :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

a friend of mine picked up a 'genuine ' Addiddadas watch in Turkey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

My parents brought me back a RADD watch from Turkey years ago. Even uglier than the real thing, and the black coating would come off on your wrist. Ceramic it wasn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement