Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValue Milk ??

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi Guys,

Any of you tried the new supervalue milk ?? I really think there is something screwed up with the stuff...

It taste weird and when i tried boiling it it just "burned" before boiling up...

Anyone tried it as well ?? I tried it on two half litre plastic bottles of the supervalue brand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

theh wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Any of you tried the new supervalue milk ?? I really think there is something screwed up with the stuff...

It taste weird and when i tried boiling it it just "burned" before boiling up...

Anyone tried it as well ?? I tried it on two half litre plastic bottles of the supervalue brand

I drink the low fat milk all the time. No problems. You sure it was in date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

yep it was in date till the 26th even...

altough it was not low fat but the normal one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Maybe you just got a bad carton, try one more and see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Ya I got a weird taste off the cmp milk it wasn't sour, like minty or something can't put my finger on it. Just didn't taste right:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is going to sound weird, but I cannot drink Avonmore Milk, there is an off taste about it. Now, I know they are produced by the same company, but they must use lesser quality cows for Avonmore or something. Perhaps Leitrim cows.

But at the moment there is Avonmore milk in the fridge, and I tried a glass of it last night. horrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

Maybe its the plastic bottle the milk is kept in...

Anyway i bought another new one and the same weird taste...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Milk goes off easier in Thundery weather like we're having now

Des wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird, but I cannot drink Avonmore Milk, there is an off taste about it. Now, I know they are produced by the same company, but they must use lesser quality cows for Avonmore or something. Perhaps Leitrim cows.

You are raving!! When it comes to big companies.....Milk is milk....it just ends up in different bottles.

And fyi Leitrim's dairy is Connacht gold, and it is produce is partly creamy. So there.

What the animal is eating does change the flavour though.
    You can taste the silage at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Sounds like a plastic problem altough milk does pick up off-flavours more easily than other products. Processing remains the same could be the plastics.

Advertisement