Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC, taking up home ec.

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Im repeating my leaving cert this year and id like to take up home ec. iv been looking at the syllabus and im concerened about the elective project. From what iv been reading, the project has to be handed in in october.
    if anyone has taken up home ec in 6th yr or repeated and taken up home ec could they give me advise as to weather its realistic to get a good mark on a project i have hardly anytime to complete!!
    thanks!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Home ec is a really broad subject i think it would be one of the hardest subjects to do in a year, and there is bugger all cooking involved! most people think you make a few apple tarts and get a A.

As for the project if you have a good teacher that will help you along the way you should get a good mark in it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

i did home ec in 6th year and to be honest i thought it was really hard! my teacher was a total prat and did NOTHING in our class. I pretty much taught myself the course and i got my mum to help me with my special report and ended up getting an a2! thrilled! i'd recommend it if you're willing to put in the hard work! if not, geography is a fairly easy subject to pick up an a1 in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lainey_m

strongr wrote: »
    Home ec is a really broad subject i think it would be one of the hardest subjects to do in a year, and there is bugger all cooking involved! most people think you make a few apple tarts and get a A.

As for the project if you have a good teacher that will help you along the way you should get a good mark in it

im not too worried about the subject content as i spent 2yrs doing science in ucd, and i did a couple of food science modules so most of it will be revision. its just the project that im worried about as i want to get as high a grade as possible.

Advertisement