Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website finished, whats the next step?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I am a newbie in web design and have recently completed a basic website for my father who runs a small business. I have registered a domain name and am wondering what the next step is once I source a web hosting service? Can anyone tell me what needs to be done in order to map the hosted web site to the registered domain name? Also, would anyone be able to recommend a good web host for a small website consisting of html pages and a small amount of PHP (one form to be exact). Any help or pointers in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Once you have signed up to a hosting company they will provide you with the FTP details to upload your website files , they will also let you know what nameservers you need to change your domain name to , to view your website online.

There is a sticky list on this forum with a list of Irish hosting companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Please read the charter and stickies regarding hosting recommendations guys, I don't want to have to edit or delete more posts.

Aidan

A list of irish webhosting companies are available here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055075688

--
    Domain registered, use on hosting account: just basically change the nameservers (on domain account) to the ones the webhost give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You should have got hosting space with the domain name, if you didn't you really should have. It's not hard to direct the domain name to any web address but it will look bad if your customers go to domainname.ie and end up on freespace.com/loadsofweirdnumbers/thisguysfreewebspace

Advertisement