Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOGOF Dominos Tuesdays

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

The independent directory has this voucher valid mon -thurs for whole year. If you ask for the deal on line without voucher they will usually give it to ya, they did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Apache have a similar offer on Sundays ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

which branch was it that the guy said it's grand? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

if you shop in dunnes, just check the back of your receipt, they have a coupon for this..buy any medium or large pizza and get another free, except this offer works any day , any time..but the catch is its collection only..i think theses coupons may be on the tesco receipt rolls too...

Dominos is nice pizza, but they are way way overpriced-even with the offer...I was gonna buy a MEDIUM Sizzler at the weekend, €18! They are pricing themselves out of the market...and their mudiums are small! €18:eek:

Ohh another thing..its not valid for all branches..but deffo is for Rathmines anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

cojomo2 wrote: »
    if you shop in dunnes, just check the back of your receipt, they have a coupon for this..buy any medium or large pizza and get another free, except this offer works any day , any time..but the catch is its collection only..i think theses coupons may be on the tesco receipt rolls too...

Dominos is nice pizza, but they are way way overpriced-even with the offer...I was gonna buy a MEDIUM Sizzler at the weekend, €18! They are pricing themselves out of the market...and their mudiums are small! €18:eek:

Ohh another thing..its not valid for all branches..but deffo is for Rathmines anyway..

they are one of few businesses who have been doing better in the recesssion

they are one of few businesses who have been doing better in the recesssion

really?where did you hear that? Personally, I always used to order Dominos, but now i go with Four Star, I agree that dominos is a bit nicer, but four star is way better value...Ive been using them for the last year nearly and couldn't justify the prices dominos charge, especially considering their pizzas are probably the smallest out of all the pizza delivery places..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I think it's good value when getting BOGOF, delivered fresh to your door in 15 minutes. Wouldnt order at full price unless desperaste or drunk.

I think it's good value when getting BOGOF, delivered fresh to your door in 15 minutes. Wouldnt order at full price unless desperaste or drunk.

i agree, if your drinking with a few mates, its great value..but if your just home late from work and can't be arsed cooking, buy 1 get 1 free isn't any good, they should get rid of the 'special offers' and just charge a sensible price, like other take aways(chinese, thai,chipper etc)...

My local chinese does breast of chicken curry+chips for 7.20, if i was gonna get a dominos, I would want a medium, and at €18 ,I'd sooner go to a restaurant and have a beer with it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

really?where did you hear that? Personally, I always used to order Dominos, but now i go with Four Star, I agree that dominos is a bit nicer, but four star is way better value...Ive been using them for the last year nearly and couldn't justify the prices dominos charge, especially considering their pizzas are probably the smallest out of all the pizza delivery places..

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0720/domino.html

I do agree though, that they are over priced especially since their biggest pizza is 13.5 inches(i think!). Personally though i think that their pizzas taste better than all others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just charge a sensible price, like other take aways(chinese, thai,chipper etc.
    Yeah, I have brought this up numerous times, half price IS THE NORMAL PRICE, if you are paying the price on the menu you are paying 2 times too much, simple as that. If my local Chinese started to do pizza and worked on the same margins as their own food then I would be getting a pizza for less than half the menu price of any of the big pizza companies.

There is ALWAYS a 2 for 1, or half price deal in these big pizza places, its bizarre the way they have all copied the same marketing trick and thankfully no other "foods" have succumbed to it. Yet some fools still cannot see that the emporer is wearing no clothes and love to be told they are getting a "bargain".

They could well make more money if they just charged the normal price all the time.

From a AH thread
    duffman13 wrote: »
    i dont order from the big places like dominos, you can get a 16" pizza in my place for a tenner, and as the boss likes to tell me he probably still makes 8 euro, pizza is by far the cheapest food to make and sell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Apache are doing this BOGOF on sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Four star (Clondalkin) do a 12inch pizza (1 topping) on Tuesday's for €4.99....pretty amazing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

I used to use the Dominos BOGOF vouchers on the back of Tesco's receipts quite often ... normally that would get me a Large Pepperoni and a Large Ham and Mushroom for €18 pick up. About a month ago I went down to the local Domino's (Lucan) and ordered the usual , handed them the voucher and was charged €20 - they had put their prices up ! ... Seeing as though they've decided to use the FF method of dealing with a recession Ive decided to "cease trading" with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement