Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I tell her??

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Very quick Question, ive decided to cut contact with a "friend" i have very strong feelings for, she's not over her ex and i think that she will prob end up back with him,
    She told me b4 that she likes me but isn't the right time, gave it the whole i dont know how i feel and if ya calmed down we'll see what could appen, thing is i really can't do this anymore, its affecting all aspects of my life.....think im in love with her, (we were kissing etc for a while a few months back, but when talking to her the other night she came out with "shur we never really snogged properly", she does know how i feel about her but says that she just wants to be mates and that if we had met at another time things could be different!

What i wanna know is should i text her and explain why i wont be in touch or just leave it and decline to meet her if she contacts me??
    Suppose i'm still clinging to the slight hope she might decide to give it a go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Trixielicious

I would just leave it and decline to meet. If she wants to know why you no longer meet her then explain that you care a great deal for her but her indecisiveness is messing with your head and that you need space to get over your feelings from her. Don't tell her you love her even though you may feel that strongly for her as her head is all over the place. You owe it to yourself to cut contact with her so you can move on. If she cares for you she will come back to you otherwise you will be free to meet a woman who deserves you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

You don't owe her anything. No explaination. She can work it out for herself. Ignore her until you are completely over her and then see if the friendship resumes. If it's a good one, then it will.

I was in your situation once and the friendship was ruined afterwards really. We never see each other anymore. But what was the alternative? Sticking around to be "nice" and a "friend"? Not a chance. It will just destroy you as it goes on so i just say delete all contact and of she demands an explaination tell her. If she isn't happy with it and gets upset, let her.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

nah, couldn't do that, she's really special to me, only want the best for her. Think ill leave the text tho and try and just avoid her and see how that goes but if she does contact me ill haveto respond, its not in me to cut her out without her realising why....she may not even care but still

Advertisement