Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Arts - DN012 - Offers and potential entry

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

My cousin hoped for UCD Arts, and he was unfortunately caught by 10 points under the cut-off point on Round 1. He's been offered a different course, in another college and is unsure what to do.

Upon recommendation, he is going to take the other course, much to his regret, and view the scripts, as he feels (as I agree too) that he deserves some more points in his Art Exam and his Link Modules (LCVP) in hopes that he can gain 10 points.

However, apparently the viewing is only on 28/29th August, and rechecks (if conducted) are only released in October.

If he follows this path, and gets into the Arts Omnibus, will he lose out on the subject choices? I know an early response to the subject choices is vital.
    Or, what is the possibility that there will be free places, or lowered points in Round 2?

He is absolutely gutted, as are many today, and I hope to see him later with some good news.

Advertisement