Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC + repeating at same time

Options
  • 17-08-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

So, I missed out on the course I wanted! I still have a chance for my other choice but I would prefer to repeat and get the course I really wanted.

Are PLC's hard? Could one repeat their LC at the same time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

A PLC course, in my opinion is a course you would do to get yourself into college, sort of like a back door into college, for want of a better expression.

You should either do one or the other in my opinion.

And not to sound arrogant, honestly, but if you didn't get the points this time round, concentrate on it better/harder next time, and don't be already planning more obstacles like PLC courses, full time jobs etc...

If you want to repeat, repeat. But if you repeat, you're doing so so that you can enter into college straight from LC. Therefore, my understanding of things is that you don't need the PLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

PLCs are full time courses, you will be required to do at least 8 subjects if not more depending on what is offered on the course. You wouldn't have time to take on 6 leaving cert subjects as well. It's common enough for PLC students to take on one LC subject as well as the course and many PLC centres offer this facility. It would be mainly Maths for those that failed it first time around. Do one or another you will not be able or have the time to do both.

Advertisement