Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for a course without CAO?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to apply for a course in Tallaght if I have not done the C.A.O.? I did my Leaving Cert last year and did the first of a 3 year business course for the lasy year. Anyway, while doing the general business course I decided I want to do marketing only. Tallaght would be my first choice but I haven't gone through the C.A.O. this year so I'm not sure what I can do now?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Get in contact with the college: Tel: +353 1 404 2000 and they'll forward you on to the right place.

I'm pretty sure you can apply for a transfer to the course you want through Tallaght although you may have to go back to first year for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You can apply as a direct applicant and for most courses there are usually a small number of places held for this type of applicant.

It's totally dependent on the course etc. though. The student and academic affairs officer might be the best bet for more info.

Advertisement