Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Securing Car Wheels..

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All...

I live on Santry Avenue near Northwood Complex and when I went to go to work on Thursday last I discovered all 4 wheels of my car had been robbed!! I cant even begin to tell you the shock I felt...still trying to get over it today...

I am just wondering does anyone have any tips for making sure this doesn't happen again...I got 4 new wheels and put locking nuts on them and also have a clamp on the front wheel when it is parked outside my apartment..but surely if these guys want to take the locking nuts and for that matter the clamp off they can!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Tom
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What type of car is it ?

Was it just sitting on the ground with the wheels gone or on blocks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomtom1981

it was a 1997 colt..it was on 2 bricks... :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Lock nuts are a good start. Also an alarm with a shock sensor would be good. Park in a well lit area, maybe near cctv etc if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomtom1981

unfortunately no CCTV in our complex...having huge issues with property management!! it was in a really well lit area but will defo look in to the shock sensor alarm! tx

Advertisement