Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disability points

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know when bonus points for disabilies are added. I rang earlier in the week and they said they'd be out today, but when i log into examinations.ie theres no mention of it.

Has anyone else received them, if so how much of a bonus. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have never heard of points added for disabilities.
    If there is such a thing, I suppose Reasonable Accommodations in the SEC would deal with it, but I can't see how it would be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

He already got 900. Any more is just being greedy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jeebus wrote: »
    He already got 900. Any more is just being greedy.

:D

In honesty though, I think that disability points may be appropriate for some courses. There is so much requirement on memory for Leaving Cert that people with disabilities in this area may under perform. That's not to say they won't perform significantly better in certain practical courses at 3rd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah the only reasons I stayed up past midnight after I knew what course I had was because of the chance of disability getting me a higher option. Dunno when they come out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mancho

Ok I got 480 points. I had veterinary down as my first choice not thinking I was gonna get it but today it says I got 990 points. Checked online and I can accecpt the course. Surly my disability didnt get me more then double my original points, it must be a mistake. This happen to anyone else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement