Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i am freaking out...

Options
  • 17-08-2009 6:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

i missed by 25 pts for business and law in UCD, didn't expect i d ve done this bad...=( i am going for a recheck , because they subjects i been getting As since 5th yr ended up with B3 in the end ...i don't know would i go up by that much even if i had the recheck

now i got law and business in maynooth and after realizing that is different than the one i was hoping to get, it's centred in law not business....( i didn't do my research properly) i didn't even think i 'd have got that one...i would even be happy with commerce in UCC than law and business in maynooth..

omg what should i do...do i have to do this course now..
    sorry now i am all over the place

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

and..it's a 3 yr course

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If you accpet the course, you'll head to uni, while they recheck your exams. If you get enough points you might get it in the second round of offers. But rememebr, you can drop in points as well as gain points in rechecks.

Of course, you can defier or reject the course offered

If you accpet the course, you'll head to uni, while they recheck your exams. If you get enough points you might get it in the second round of offers. But rememebr, you can drop in points as well as gain points in rechecks.

Of course, you can defier or reject the course offered

thanks..

well, does that mean they would kick me out of the college if my points went own? lol

round two is in aug 28th...but the rechecks aren't coming back until mid oct?

Not sure about the kicking out, but I can't see it happening IMO

Re rechecks, forgot about the time delay, it would mean you'd beable to apply for the CAO next year with your new points....

Which means, you could take a year out or do a year of the course and see if you like it...

Not sure about the kicking out, but I can't see it happening IMO

Re rechecks, forgot about the time delay, it would mean you'd beable to apply for the CAO next year with your new points....

Which means, you could take a year out or do a year of the course and see if you like it...

=( oh god

my tragic life...lol...its not really gonna work out isn't it..o_o

thanks anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Sringo

~Candy~ wrote: »
    thanks..

well, does that mean they would kick me out of the college if my points went own? lol

round two is in aug 28th...but the rechecks aren't coming back until mid oct?

According to some of my teachers who marked re-checks the points very rarely go down whereas they go up around 1 in every 5 or 6 times.

If you feel that you deserved a better grade in any subject you should definetely get a recheck. Keep in mind you can also look at your papers in the next few weeks to decide whether or not to get them rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Commerce in UCC was meant to go down not up!:( I've been setting myself up for Business in UL though.

Anyone else made a mistake in CAO and the course below the one u have today is the one you now really want?:mad:

Congrats to all the happy ones:)

Sringo wrote: »
    According to some of my teachers who marked re-checks the points very rarely go down whereas they go up around 1 in every 5 or 6 times.

If you feel that you deserved a better grade in any subject you should definetely get a recheck. Keep in mind you can also look at your papers in the next few weeks to decide whether or not to get them rechecked.

thanks.

so what's happening in round 2? if i still didnt get the pts in round two but got in in the recheck..?

~Candy~ wrote: »
    my tragic life...lol...its not really gonna work out isn't it..o_o

Yes it will, there is always another way.

Commerce in UCC was meant to go down not up!:( I've been setting myself up for Business in UL though.

Anyone else made a mistake in CAO and the course below the one u have today is the one you now really want?:mad:

Congrats to all the happy ones:)

what's the pts fpr commerce in UCC?

well, i d be happy with the one above it or the one below it
    ...it's too late now anyways

edit: ok, i should calm down, maynooth is nearer to cork, less expensive than dublin..it's a 3 yr course and that means i could be a master course for an other year..

• Advertisement

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I could make real sexist joke right here on the spot but that would get me banned from the leaving certificate forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I could make real sexist joke right here on the spot but that would get me banned from the leaving certificate forum.
    You're spot on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

people change their minds. its not their fault.
    i changed my mind last week, but too late to alter my application.

however, i did get my original first choice, which i decided is right for me.

people change their minds. its not their fault.
    i changed my mind last week, but too late to alter my application.

however, i did get my original first choice, which i decided is right for me.

In fairness, if that happened I have no beef with them. It is the people who do it when there is lots of time left to change their mind...

Advertisement