Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO and my examination number

Options
  • 17-08-2009 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I was looking and seeminly they have my examination number for my A level results, does this mean they could already have them possibly?? if they have my examination number even though we dont officially get our results till thrusday

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

logic123 wrote: »
    I was looking and seeminly they have my examination number for my A level results, does this mean they could already have them possibly?? if they have my examination number even though we dont officially get our results till thrusday
    Honestly, I doubt anyone here will have a clue.

Log in to your account on CAO website after 6, and see if there's anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zdo0o

nothing on my cao account, i'm A level as well, still says:

Offers/Acceptance Section There are no offers available to you at this time.
    For information on offer round dates, click [URL="javascript:openRndFile('help_files/round_dates.php');"]here[/URL].

like before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

f***king ridiculous im giving them a ring this morning THIS SO UNFAIR ON US A LEVEL APPLICANTS OMFGGGGGGG

f***king ridiculous im giving them a ring this morning THIS SO UNFAIR ON US A LEVEL APPLICANTS OMFGGGGGGG

True ... but in fairness, it's not the CAO's fault, the problem is with the A-Level results people.

so the CAO cant do the honourable thing and ring up our exam boards since they have our application number ???? no excuse m8 tbh

• Advertisement

it's definitely frustrating :( maybe you should ring the exam boards yourself, pretending to be from cao and get them that way? :D

zdoo what are you going to do???

wait until thursday i suppose, i don't see what else i can do really :/

so the CAO cant do the honourable thing and ring up our exam boards since they have our application number ???? no excuse m8 tbh
    Coz they have nothing to do at the moment, ofc!

And how many other people are in the same position?

Tbh, while I feel for you, this is NOT the CAO's fault, it is the fault of the results people for A-level who didn't get their house in order.

everyone else has applied with A levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

everyone else has applied with A levels.

No, most other people apply with a Leaving Cert.

yeh but other 1000 or so apploicants applying with a levels are F***CKED unless CAO have fair plamns in place to make it fair

Coz they have nothing to do at the moment, ofc!

And how many other people are in the same position?
    yeh but other 1000 or so apploicants ...

This is my point ... do you honestly believe the CAO has spare staff at this time of year to go "ringing up" about ~1000 students?

Or that the A-Level results people have the staff to field those queries?

And for that matter, who says the results are finalised and available now, if they are not supposed to be due out until Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

The CAO set their schedule well in advance (it's the same every year!), it was only announced A-level results would be delayed a few months ago (back in May/June, I think).

I'm in the same situation, but there's no point blaming the CAO, as it's completely the boards' fault. They don't give a damn about the CAO process or the students it affects, tbh.

If anything, take it up with the boards directly for being so lazy and irresponsible (I know I will be).

Advertisement