Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm currently going into 6th year in September and have a question about vet med. Are there any alternatives rather than going to Budapest to get a degree in veterinary medicine, as I don't think I'll get enough points for the UCD course? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jen1985

Yes try the UK. There are colleges in; Bristol, London, Nottingham, Cambridge, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh. They're the only options really to study vet med apart from going abroad. UCD is the only college in ireland offering the course. However they can be extremely competitive to gain entry and are nearly as hard if not harder to gain entry than UCD. You need work experience and then you're lucky if you get called to an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Jen1985 wrote: »
    Yes try the UK. There are colleges in; Bristol, London, Nottingham, Cambridge, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
    AFAIK you need honours maths for the UK colleges

Advertisement