Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some opinions..

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I just have a quick question about events that have happened within my family recently and if anybody could shed any light!
    • My grandads piano is in our house. ( He has passed. ) I was upstairs in my room watching tv when I thought I could hear the piano playing. Turned the tv off and sure thing, the piano was playing. Started off with a gentle tune then went on as if someone was running their fingers up and down the keys. I was the only person in the house and had the alarm on the house too.
    • My sister was out the other night with 2 friends in a quiet bar. None of them were drinking because they were all driving. Anyway, she was sitting with her back against the wall when all of a sudden she got a hard thump in her back. She turned quickly around, and found a lit lightbulb in her hand. She was shocked, as were her two friends and she went up to the bar man and showed him the lightbulb. The bar man went around every light fixture to see was there a bulb missing. There wasn't. Everyone was freaked out, particulary as she was sitting against the wall.
    • My brother came into the kitchen the other night and asked me what I wanted him for? I said I wasnt looking for him. Turns out, he was in bed when he heard three loud knocks on his bedroom door. Thats when he got up and came down to me thinking it was me!eek.gif
    • My sister (the same one) was in my hall way and heard the piano playing again, just a gentle tune.
    A friend of mine told me that all these things are a warning that something bad is going to happen / a death. Is this right or can anybody shed some light on the situation?

Sorry for the long post!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

There is nothing to suggest its a warning of a death, even for people who believe in those things. The knock on the door would be the only thing (there is a thread called "Death Knock" a few thread dowen I think?) and even thats stretching it.

What I would suggest is trying to record (audio or video) the piano playing and just as an aside trying to identify the tune being played.

Of course there is the option of getting in someone to check it out and if you wanted to go down that road please feel free to drop me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

What 6th said, there is nothing in your post to suggest a death, so don't worry about what your friend said. I agree about finding out the tune, maybe it had significance for your grand dad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Thanks guys for the reply! 6th I would love to get someone into the house, but unfortunatly, my mam would prob freak out!!!

Thanks for your help!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Backing up what the others have said, these are strange occurances, but not harbingers of death or misfortune. At most, its someone/thing trying to get your attention. Is there an event, anniversary or something similar coming up?

Regardless, dont stress about it, its about as harmful as creaky pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I remember when i as young i had a piano that was giving to my by my grandmother she got it of her father one night i was sleeping the ting started to play on its own being the curious type i took the piano apart law and behold there were mice nesting under the hammers,,when they moved they were tipping th strings ,,as for what 6th said go with that rule out all the possibilties first like having a look inside the piano,,,lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    I remember when i as young i had a piano that was giving to my by my grandmother she got it of her father one night i was sleeping the ting started to play on its own being the curious type i took the piano apart law and behold there were mice nesting under the hammers,,when they moved they were tipping th strings ,,as for what 6th said go with that rule out all the possibilties first like having a look inside the piano,,,lol

Now thats a good one! It might reduce my chances of having a heart attack!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Classic!:p *adds to list of things to check for when freaked out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah that's amazing :D

Advertisement