Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this (these) are ?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi folks,

These photos were taken on the 22nd of june this year just after 22:00. I was in my sisters back garden in Blanchardstown, Dublin facing south / south east when we all noticed them (there were 9 of us with no drink taken !). There were 2 orange/red objects in the sky which were initially hovering but then one shot upwards out of sight and the other one stayed in position for about a minute and then slowly disappeared out of sight. They made no sound and didn't flash. The photos were taken on my LG viewty 5mp camera phone and are not great quality. Any ideas ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41525297@N04/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Daksiv

Strang really

my 1st reaction was flares but you said no sound or flash

UFO *insert scary music here*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's hard to know but it could be one of these Chinese lanterns I'm hearing alot about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Must be the same as what was described here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055652490

Interested to see the explanation from the lads here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

My initial thought was Chinese laterns but they dont look like them, but then again the pics aint the best :S .

Ah yes the baloons with the candles inside them

possibly orrr

UFO :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crabbypatty

If they were chinese lanterns and are influenced by the wind then why did one shoot upwards at speed and the other one stay in position ?

sudden updraft???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Daksiv wrote: »
    sudden updraft???
    Which is very possible in the air. Either that or it disappeared into cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I can see these from Skerries as well. Is it something to do with the airport or something like that? That's usually the direction the planes come into land.

But I've seen these myself a lot when I'm out walking.

Advertisement