Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant reptiles banned in my apartment block.

Options
  • 16-08-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Does anyone have any ideas what would be considered a Giant reptile by a government housing management company . I mean to a newby a beardie looks pretty huge. But after seeing a caymen or white troath monitor they realise that beardies are tiny in comparison.

Basically I want to get a reptile, more specifically a lizard. The apartments getting lonely and I cant live with dogs or other furry/hairy animals as I'm allergic. I've kept beardies which my girlfriend now cares for as she fell in love with them more then I, so I want something different this time.

Anyone any idea how far I could push it before it starts to become a Giant reptile? I was looking at some of the smaller monitor species like ackies or maybe even a tegu...is this pushing it a bit??

(ps: Ive worked with reptiles so I've plenty of experience and any rep living with me can be assured top conditions, I just want some opinions on whats considered a "Giant")

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

To be safe you need to talk to the apartment manager and find out.

Imo something like an ackies or tegu would come under "giant". I'd say they'd only be wanting to see little geckoes and the like.

Advertisement