Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan to City Centre

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im moving out to Lucan village nest week and am wondering which would be the best bus to get into the city centre. Im working around the stephens green area could anyone advise of the best route in there? I start at niine what time would i have to leave at? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi Guys,

Im moving out to Lucan village nest week and am wondering which would be the best bus to get into the city centre. Im working around the stephens green area could anyone advise of the best route in there? I start at niine what time would i have to leave at? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

25/25A, bus lanes most of the way in..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

The 25 serves Lucan (Dodsboro) via Lucan Village to the City Centre (North Quays/D'Olier St.*/Pearse St.)

The 25A serves Lucan (Esker Church/Superquinn) past Arthur Griffith Park, via Foxborough, passing the Penny Hill, along the link road to Ballyowen/Woodies to the City Centre (North Quays/D'Olier St.*/Pearse St.)

* You could then get a connecting bus up to St. Stephen's Green

The 25X offers an Xpresso service from Lucan (serving the Chapelizod Bypass/St. John's Road) via the city centre towards Waterloo Rd. & UCD Belfield stopping on Kildare St. and Merrion Row (for St. Stephen's Green).

Route 151 comes from Adamstown serves Griffeen Avenue and operates via Clondalkin (Nangor Rd.) and Crumlin Rd. down the North Quays to the IFSC/Docklands.

Hope this helps.
    H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hi Guys,

Cheers

If you're out in the village itself, you'll have to walk up towards Woodies to get the 25A. It serves "new Lucan".
    You can however get the 25, 66, 66A, 66B or 67 from the village. The 25 starts up near Tesco, heads down the Celbridge Road and then swings left at AIB and then goes up Lucan main street and up old Lucan hill before heading up to Woodies. The other buses head down the Celbridge Road and then head straight up the Lucan road instead of turning left at AIB before meeting up with the 25 route at the top of the Old Hill before continuing on to Woodies
    They're fairly frequent in the morning and it should take 45mins max to get in to D'Olier Street. Then 5-10mins walk from there up to Stephen's Green.
    In the evenings it takes a little over 20mins to get into town from Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

25/66/67/67a/66a/66d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Also, consider the departures on the 25X and 66X which serve Lucan Village. They are express types, bypassing Chapelizod, and will drop you at Stephens Green on their way to Waterloo Road or Belfield.

The cash fare is slightly more at €2.50, but if you have a pre-paid card it costs nothing extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,328 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

bazzer wrote: »
    Also, consider the departures on the 25X and 66X which serve Lucan Village. They are express types, bypassing Chapelizod, and will drop you at Stephens Green on their way to Waterloo Road or Belfield.

The cash fare is slightly more at €2.50, but if you have a pre-paid card it costs nothing extra.

If you are close enough to walk to the 25a route and you can get the 25x's there are several after 7.30 a.m. that would have you at Stephen's Green before 9 a.m.

I generally get the 7.25 / 7.30 a.m. one and that has me to Bachelor's Walk for 8 a.m. - you'll need to allow a bit more time when the schools are back. Sorry can't be a bit more accurate but I either start work at 8 a.m. or 10 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

bazzer wrote: »

Many thanks guys for all your help its much appreciated. As above where does the 66x go from in Lucan anywhere near the Garda station in the village??

Cheers :)

Yes, the 66X serves all stops in Lucan Village. There's one opposite the Ball Alley Pub and the next is opposite the Statoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Many thanks guys for all your help its much appreciated. As above where does the 66x go from in Lucan anywhere near the Garda station in the village??

Cheers :)

Bear in mind that not all 66X buses go through Lucan Village, with some operating via the by-pass.

Those operating via the Village (following the normal 66 route) are:

0755 ex-Kew Park (barely 5 minutes away)
    0755 ex-Castletown (in Leixlip - about 10/15 minutes away)
    0810 ex-Louisa Bridge (in Leixlip - 10/15 minutes away)

Outbound only the following services go via Lucan Village:
    1655 ex-Pearse Street
    1700 ex-Pearse Street
    1710 ex-Waterloo Road
    1720 ex-St Stephen's Green
    1800 ex-Pearse Street

All other 66X services go directly via the by-pass.

The only 25X services routing via Lucan Village are:

0750 and 0810 ex-Dodsboro
    1735 from Pearse Street to Dodsboro

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if the 25X from Dodsboro follows the regular 25 route round the back of Lucan Village, or does it operate straight on past Statoil, similar to the 66/67 group?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

The stop at Statoil, is now called Topaz... just incase the OP is wandering around looking for a Statoil! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭imalwayshappy

Heart wrote: »
    The stop at Statoil, is now called Topaz... just incase the OP is wandering around looking for a Statoil! :)

Sounds like something id do alright!! Id imagine if i got the 7:55 66x id be in work for 9ish? Thanks for the replies!!

Advertisement