Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 wont play games

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey!
    I bought my xbox 360 little over 2 years ago. Ever since the first day it has frozen or been ''unable'' to play games. At first I just thought it was the games but it happens with every game now. I know its not the games cause theyre all brand new and it can be all of them?!
    I just let it continue to happen cause i wasnt even too pushed on the xbox but now I wanna play it and cant.
    It plays DVD's and CD's perfectly fine just not games.
    I was wondering what I should do?
    I guess that my warranty is up so any ideas?Or anything I can do myself?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

does it happen all the time or does it a load a game sometimes, you could try and install the game to your hdd, you'll need the nxe update. if it never reads a game you will probably need to send to ms to get it fixed unless you can get someone in Ireland to fix it if its out of warranty anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Oh yea it pretty much always loads the game and I can play it for like 5 mins and then it says ''the disc in unreadable'' or it just freezes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

have you tried installing the game to your harddrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

No.How do I do it?I can play games already saved so that might work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How to install Xbox 360 games to the hard drive while in the dashboard:
    It's very simple to load the game onto the hard drive when you are in the new dashboard. Just follow these quick steps:

1.Load the disk into your Xbox 360 console and go to your Xbox 360 console
    2.Scroll down to My Xbox
    3.Scroll across to Game Library and hit the A button
    4.This should put you on the Recent Games window and your game should be highlighted, so you should just need to hit the A button. Otherwise, scroll to the Recent Games window and choose the game.
    5.On the game screen, choose Install to Hard Drive. This process should take a few minutes, but once it is complete, you'll be able to enjoy improved performance.
    You'll also note that the game screen contains all kinds of great information about the game such as the achievements unlocked and featured downloads available for the game.
    ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement