Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long are the tailbacks?

Options
  • 16-08-2009 8:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just been reading the thread on the roadworks from Limerick to Shannon. I'm guessing there has been traffic chaos on the road judging from how passionate people are being about them......
    Anyways I have to catch a flight from Shannon on Wednesday at 17:20 (dep. time).
    Had thought if I left work in the city centre at 4pm I would make it out in about half an hour? I take it with these works I haven't a chance in hell of that?
    If I left at 3:30pm reckon I would make it in time?
    Will have checked in already - just have to get through security and down to the gate which will hopefully only take 10 mins or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If check in closes at 4:40PM and you leave Limerick City at 4:00PM and hope to get their in time think again.

Tag in roadworks, finding a space to park and walking to the terminal then you may not make it.

Leave earlier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Well I am being dropped off the door of departures - don't have to factor in parking etc. Just wondering how long the delays are because of the roadworks?
    Don't have to go to check in either. As long as I am at the airport by 4:50 I'd say I'd make the flight ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cAr0l wrote: »
    Well I am being dropped off the door of departures - don't have to factor in parking etc. Just wondering how long the delays are because of the roadworks?
    Don't have to go to check in either. As long as I am at the airport by 4:50 I'd say I'd make the flight ok.

Well. If you use the right hand lane then............................. :eek:

Or worst case scenario is that you could have up to 10 minutes extra on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I would say to leave as early as you can. The worst that can happen is you get there and have time to kill.

I drove that way four times last week, twice I got through fairly quickly with only an extra ten minutes or so added to my journey, but the other two times I had about 20 minutes and 45 minutes added to my trip.

The problem is my boss seems to be reluctant to leave me have a half day. Hence having to stay at work until 4. But he did say if I really need it I could go at 3:30 - so hope he still means that. Will hopefully be able to run out the door at 3:30 on the dot, and straight into the car, and on the road. If it does take an hour to get there, even though it will be a mad rush, I should be ok - fingers crossed anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

you would probably just about make it, but it would be uncomfortable and it definitely wouldnt be a guarantee, Id leave at half 3 if I was you only to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I havn't made the outbound journey in the afternoon - just inbound. On average it has added about 10 minutes onto my journey home excluding Wednesday because of additional Thomond Park traffic - that only added 20 mins. And this is being a left hand lane driver.

I think if you are already checked in and have no parking to deal with that you should be fine leaving the city at 15.30. Flight leaving at 17.20 then you would be expected to be at the departure gate by 16.45/50 at the absolute latest. That is give you 1hr 15mins to do a 25/30 minute journey on a normal day.

Bon voyage!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,018 ✭✭✭✭phog

Carol, I was at the Clondrinagh Roundabout today at 15:25 and was letting my passenger out of the car at the deaprtures door at 15:59, the traffic queue at the raodworks wasnt that, so my guess is it should be something simialr on Wednesday.

Thanks for that guys - was talking to the boss today - will be allowed head away at 3:30 so should be ok :)

Advertisement