Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A LEVEL Results Please Read

Options
  • 16-08-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello ive applied to ireland and dont get my results till thursday, when do the unis get my a level results, so perhaps i might get an offer tommorw, the unis receive them early. I know in england they receive them 4 days before results day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Don't have a clue, sorry:p What courses did you apply for out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Unfortunately, you won't be offered a place until the second round of CAO offers on (I think) 28 August. At least that's what I've been told.

I'm from the north and in the same position myself, since they delayed A-level results this year for no reason (usually the LC and AL results are out the same week, a day or two apart).

I've been on the phone though and have been told that places are being "held" for A-level applicants. More information can be found here.

Best of luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

just how many places they reserve is another issue :(

is it worthwhile me getting my exam boards edexcel to ring CAO tommrow telling them of my results so that hopefully i will not miss first round.

logic123 wrote: »
    just how many places they reserve is another issue :(

I think it's based on whatever percentage of A-level applicants there were in each course.

So, for instance, if in the past 10% of people in course "A" were A-level applicants, than 10% of places this year are being reserved in that course.

Either that or it could be some random figure. :rolleyes:
    is it worthwhile me getting my exam boards edexcel to ring CAO tommrow telling them of my results so that hopefully i will not miss first round.

I doubt it at this stage.

• Advertisement

tbh that still disadvantages A level applicants, say for neuroscience where i applied, say last year there were only 2 people in there with A levels, its not going to work out very well. FFS THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR

IM GOING TO RING THEM TOMMOROW and demand that they get hold of my results, ive worked to hard to screwed around like this, ive had another worry and stress without this piling on

I know it's completely unfair, but it's the examination boards at fault, they took it upon themselves to delay the results this year.

I'll ring the CAO and my exam boards tomorrow to see what the story is, I'll post here if I have any success. :pac:

yeh im ringing exam boards tommorw see if they can get my results across quick to CAO i cant believe i find thid out now, im about to burst into tears with the sress of this now

So with A level results delayed a week, does this mean that were all screwed for our offers?, becuase we may not make first round.

Im going to plead with my exam boards tommrowo to release results to CAO tommrow so that i can still make first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 matt606

honestly, i want worried about it at all until i started reading on this forum.

they said that they would hold places for northern students though

• Advertisement

what about UK students with A levels aswell. Im assume it will be for all A level applicants applying IM FRIGGIN WORRIED NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 matt606

are you going to phone anyone tommorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Calm down :)

UCAS have been organizing offers and results for afew days because of Scottish results being released August 5th. If you go onto the UCAS Track Service, it says they've made the service unavailable as they are sorting through exam results, offers, etc. If they have done this, chances are you've probably already been offered the place - the Track just won't be updated until August 20th :)

Good luck everyone =]

my exam boards and CAO, im going to ring them up ask if they can transfer my grades to the CAO tommrowo so that they can decide on an offef for me this week. IM going to fight on the phone tommrow to get this sorted becuase this is totally unfair on us., add me to msn matt curlywit@hotmail.co.uk

See my post above.

UCAS im not doing its CAO im with

Ah my mistake sorry, misread it completely!

Advertisement