Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex - don't know how i feel

Options
  • 16-08-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My ex boyfriend and i are back in touch lately, emails a few phonecalls and lots of texts. Went out for 3 years and we broke up 3 years ago. I finished with him and there was about 2 years of no contact at all and its been very sporadic since, well until recently. He was the one who made contact with me, as much as i missed him and wanted to ring him over the years i never did cos it wasn't fair seeing as i ended things.

Thing is i still loved him so much when we broke up but he was a bit too into his drugs and I'd had enough. From what i hear and what he says he seems to have copped on a lot compared to back then. We haven't suggested meeting up but i've been thinking about him every day for the past few months and I can't figure out whether it's because i still love him or just cos it's exciting to be in contact again having shared so much.

I would love to meet him, to see what happens. I'm sure he's moved on, it's been ages since we were a couple and I don't expect him to be still into me. I suppose part of me wants him to be, but that's often the way with exes! I just have this feeling with him (as opposed to my other two ex's) that there really was something special about us and that maybe we are meant to be together. Bit silly really.

Not quite sure why i'm posting this - i suppose just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position, did you meet up? Did it work out second time round? Should I just leave it alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Hi OP

I know what you mean about having that special connection with someone and feeling that you two were a bit special. It does happen so its not silly at all.

I think you should arrange to meet him but try to calm yourself down a bit and don't have any great expectations. You'd probably need to meet him a few times before you really feel that he's a better guy than he was before and someone you may have a future with if thats what you're thinking. Keep it nice and casual and just see how it goes. I don't think you've anything to lose here really. If he turns out to be not that great, then you'll feel it pretty quickly and you'll get over it and know he's not for you and you'll be fine.

But yeah I'd say go for it :)
    You only live once!

Advertisement