Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone get a reply from grant app yet?

Options
  • 16-08-2009 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi-just wondering did anyone hear anything back about their grant application yet?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 boobox

Not yet ... wondering if they are even going to acknowledge receipt of my application. ! :confused: How frustrating huh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Elfinamsterdam

Me neither....
    Sent in fully completed form plus fa/sa1 (cant remember which) on 5th Aug.
    Got my orginal Birth Cert and BA Degree parchment back 2 days later...

But since then nada! Will ring WestmeathCoCo on Wednesday as that will be 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

I've had a few students who have had their grant app processed and have had replies, so they are starting to work through them... Remember closing date is the 31st of August and I knew students who didn't get an answer until Christmas last year (although that's a rarity).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishmatic

the vec dont start sending out letters until the first week in august,and its then on a basis of first come first served so the longer you left it to send in your application the longer you'll be waiting on a reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

No. Left the form last Thursday (13/08). They said I could ring them and ask after two weeks, so basicaly I should enquire on Friday.

Just ring them and ask. If it fits you, there's email of Catherine in South Dublin County Council: cmanning@SDUBLINCOCO.ie, she could give you an update.

• Advertisement

Eeep mine is in two weeks on Wednesday... and I hope I hear soon as the course starts on 28th August and they are asking me for the fees already....

Its a PGDE and the fees are almost 5k. ....
    Not money I have lying around... so I hope I hear soon or I may lose my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 birdalone

I was very early in applying and got an acknowlegement of application in the shape of a postcard (with my application number printed in black on green sticky tape), a couple of weeks ago.
    I am hoping that all is in order and that I did not screw up anywhere.

Is that the standard reply from the grant authorities? And how Soon after you sent your application in did you receive said postcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 birdalone

I would guess around 3 weeks.Yes I believe that Cork co co send these cards.
    They have my original drivers licence and birth certs for my son and myself.
    I had assumed they would copy and return asap but I was wrong to do so.
    A fatal error, as my car broke down tonight, an hour and a half from home.
    I have AA cover and could have had free use of a courtesy car, but because I did not have my licence could not, had to wait for ages to be taken home, along with my car. Broke down at 6.40 and it was after 11.30 when I got home.
    I think it is dead ( the car ).
    Just what I needed (not) a month before my course starts.
    Of course I am penniless . . so no replacement car on the horizon..oh woe is me . . .sob sob, sniff sniff.:(

Wow Birdalone.... sounds tough, will be sending good thoughts your way.

My CoCo is Westmeath so will call them today, they sent back the originals of my documents pretty quick, but nothing more.

Think all the VEC/CoCo's deal with it in a different way :rollseyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

just rang kildare co co there. they are not processing any app's until Sept and you will be notified Oct/Nov. Ragin. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Wow Birdalone.... sounds tough, will be sending good thoughts your way.

My CoCo is Westmeath so will call them today, they sent back the originals of my documents pretty quick, but nothing more.

Think all the VEC/CoCo's deal with it in a different way :rollseyes:

Hi Elfi... Im in Wmeath also and tell me how long after you posted your application did you recieve the return of documents ??

Thanks

Hi Elfi... Im in Wmeath also and tell me how long after you posted your application did you recieve the return of documents ??

Hi DrHf
    I got the original of my BA degree back the next day!

I called this morning and was told I was in the first 10 people that handed in applications, that the lady in question was on a Dept Edu Open Day tomorrow and would be on holiday until early next week, then she would begin entering them on the system. So it would be late next week or early next week before "people could see where they are"

She did go through my application quickly and said that all the documents looked in order, which is helpful at least I know I'm not missing anything.

*fingers crossed* as I had to pay 500 euro to accept the place on the course in order to have the letter to accompany my SA1 form.

Hi DrHf
    I called this morning and was told I was in the first 10 people that handed in applications, that the lady in question was on a Dept Edu Open Day tomorrow and would be on holiday until early next week, then she would begin entering them on the system. So it would be late next week or early next week before "people could see where they are"

I meant: late next week or early the following week

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Thanks for the info Elfi. not long till d day i suppose. :)

Got a reply :D

boobox wrote: »
    Got a reply :D

Good for you Boo! That's excellent!
    Did you hear that you got the grant, or did you get the postcard saying they were processing? :D
    Glad things are moving along!

:) But a letter .. of ... ***Approval *!

boobox wrote: »
    :) But a letter .. of ... ***Approval *!

Jammy!!!
    I'm delighted for you!

What VEC/CoCo?? in case others in same area are still waiting :)
    Prob not Westmeath in any event, was told they are not beginning processing till next week! Fine time for grant approvers to take holidays, the week of the CAO release! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

nice one! that is brill-congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Heh.. I sent in everything and had all my paperwork done in June/July ish...
    I know i've been approved but they've not bothered to send me my conformation letter..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

That has nowt to do with this. those getting grants should not be affected.

Anyone apply through Limerick City Council, waiting almost a month and not even a letter to say they were processing it. This whole set up is a balls up

college demanding money by 31 august by giro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

That has nowt to do with this. those getting grants should not be affected.

Anyone apply through Limerick City Council, waiting almost a month and not even a letter to say they were processing it. This whole set up is a balls up

college demanding money by 31 august by giro.

Same here, I've to pay 1572 before the 1st Sept. If we receive a letter next week saying we got the grant, does that mean we just pay 72 by bank giro and bring the letter to UL registration?

And if I dont receive a letter, I must pay 1572, but 1500 will be refunded by UL once the grant is approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mid wrote: »
    Same here, I've to pay 1572 before the 1st Sept. If we receive a letter next week saying we got the grant, does that mean we just pay 72 by bank giro and bring the letter to UL registration?

And if I dont receive a letter, I must pay 1572, but 1500 will be refunded by UL once the grant is approved?

if you get the letter you only pay the 72. it doesn't matter to me if the 1500 is refunded. it might as well be a million. that's seven and a half weeks SW payments. when this registration fee **** was introduced back in the 90s it was only equal to 2 and a half weeks social welfare payment,

Advertisement