Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you got your first tattoo..

Options
  • 16-08-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

How long did it take before you stopped gawking at it, being surprised that its there!, (Oh look!), and wondering how long it would take for it to become a normal part of you that didnt draw your own attention??

I got my first on the inside of my ankle a few days ago and I cant stop looking at it or having my eye drawn to it :) Its a little OCDish isnt it hehe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mine took some effort to see, as it was on my back :D
    Just had my 3rd done recently, and it's on my chest, so I do find myself looking at it quite often :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

About 5 months tbh, but Im still self-conscious of it in public, not the "oh no someone saw my tattoo what will I do," kind of thing.. more the "woops.. now they think Im showing off," but Iv only ever been complimented in those situations :)

Ok, honestly.. I still check it out in the mirror and when Im bored watching tv and so on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I've had mine about 7 months now and I still find myself looking at it in mirrors as I walk around the house. :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I forget mine are there because they're well covered by clothes. When I did get it done originally I could feel it all the time but as soon as it was healed I forgot about it. Still surprise myself if I look in the mirror and say "oh i've tattoos" then chuckle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Always look at the one on my ankle, since I mainly wear skirts/dresses its always on show...but the one on my back....well I tend to forget its there havent seen it in about 2 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

Just got one on the back of my shoulder about a week ago and can't stop looking at it in the mirror!

It's good to have something to really admire on my own body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I can't look at mine, it's on my lower neck/upper back:D

I love love love it

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

got mine when i was 20 - so nearly 7 yrs later i still like looking at it - but can't help thinking it could do with a few friends :P lol. but its hard to stare at when its on the back of your shoulder - unless ya use a mirror :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I notice the one on my forarm all the time, it's kind of hard to miss, the rest are usually pretty well covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm constantly looking at mine now, love it so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I got my first about 15 years ago. I now have 7, on legs, back, arms and ribs. I still love them and pose in the mirror after a shower:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

i got my first one a month ago and am constantly looking at it in the mirror, glad its just not me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Excellent. I thought I was a bit weird in the head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I Love Mine!! Got 2 Stars On My Boxer Line There The Red and Black Nauticl Stars There Nice Love Them!!:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Got my first one ten weeks ago on my foot, I wake up every morning and see it and say to myself, "I love it" Admire it anytime I change my footware, or whenever it's visible to see :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Forget about my first one all the time. Its on my left wrist, i got it about 3 years ago. Always forget about my back one too. The only one i look at regularly is the new one on my right forearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I love walking around barefoot can see my sparrows then, the one on my wrist i see everyday so im used to it now. i love wandering around in shorts, 3/4's or skirts can see my anime hoooer on my leg and i have to admit i like letting her get hairy legs and hairy belly!! :P the stars on my back and the star behind my ear, i forget about regularly!

but new one for my bday next month, wooooooooot!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i wear shorts just about every day so im really really used to the one on my ankle/calf, and it does tend to get a lot of attention from people... even the ones used to it, you'll be sitting around getting drunk or whatever and somebody'll fixate on it... followed by 'adding' to it with biro...

the one on my wrist, yeah, it's totally a part of me, but the one on my neck, i always forget about until someone sees it and starts leaning on my shoulder to try read it.

always always forget about the one on my hip, except when im dressing/undressing and happen to catch a glimpse of it and have to take a second look to realise what im seeing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stochen_gesicht

Surprisingly when I got my first tattoo I wasnt like that at all, I used to hide it! I thought it was deadly but I kept it hidden coz it was like my dirty little secret... That and I was only 16 and piercings etc were against the rules in my school! Nowadays I jeep admiring the extra ones I have, particularly after showering and moisturising :D I have frosted blue wings that take up my entire back so I admire those everytime I do my hair! I forget about em a lot though, its weird! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I got my first one 10 years ago when I was 17....and I still look at it and say "What the fvck was I thinking???"
    Seriously though, mostly it's other people and their reaction that draw my attention to my own tats.
    Old ladies saying "Wow look at the colours.....that's luuuvley!" and young kids saying nothing but staring at them with big wide eyes are my favourite reactions.
    Middle ages people looking and tutting and muttering are my least favourite. Fvck off and moan about car tax or something...... Hmmm, just remembered I have to tax the car. B@stards! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fruitbat66

i got my first tattoo when i was 16 now i am 43 ..lol People so prejudged you then and even sometimes nowadays...Enjoy them ...look at them often ..show them off as much as possible:D

Advertisement