Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good phone and broadband bundles available in tullow

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,
    eircom is my current isp and landline provider i have the 7mb broadband bundle with talktime family it costs over €65 a month.

i was wondering if there was another reliable isp and landline provider available in tullow with a similar package for roughly the same or less as the line contention (or Attenuation im not sure what its called) is just quare bad (sorry for the colloquialism)

any help is appreciated

oh and to save posting another thread, is anyone else picking up 3g signals on meteor in carlow shopping center? i thought they werent in carlow yet (i have a SE C902)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

onzlo wrote: »
    Hi all,
    eircom is my current isp and landline provider i have the 7mb broadband bundle with talktime family it costs over €65 a month.

i was wondering if there was another reliable isp and landline provider available in tullow with a similar package for roughly the same or less as the line contention (or Attenuation im not sure what its called) is just quare bad (sorry for the colloquialism)

any help is appreciated

oh and to save posting another thread, is anyone else picking up 3g signals on meteor in carlow shopping center? i thought they werent in carlow yet (i have a SE C902)

on the other note have been picking up 3g on meteor in carlow and kilkenny the last week, so muct be nearly rolled out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

The cheapest solution to your question is to switch your phone over to talk-talk and change your ISP to irishbroadband, I think.

I priced it up a couple of years back and that's what I came up with.

I don't live in Tullow anymore though so I don't know if that's STILL the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

are you sure is 7mb in Tullow?, to my knowledge the exchange is old and cannot supply 7mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

well its not the full 7mb it says its 5-6mb on the netopia homepage and the line on my house is only abou 2 half years old

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tullow was due to be upgraded to ADSL2+ some months ago but never happened, I'm with BT and get 4mb at about 1.5 miles from the exchange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I'm with Villian on this one. I'm with BT. Its much quicker then Eircom. Its never dropped on me and I have free calls to the U.K.

Advertisement