Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukranian sand artist animates a story amazing

Options
  • 16-08-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2009/aug/13/ukranian-sand-artist

We can now add Kseniya Simonova to that list who has won the Ukrainian version of Britain's Got Talent with sand animation. Yes, you heard right. She tells stories through sand.

Here, she recounts Germany conquering Ukraine in the second world war. She brings calm, then conflict. A couple on a bench become a woman's face; a peaceful walkway becomes a conflagration; a weeping widow morphs into an obelisk for an unknown soldier. Simonova looks like some vengeful Old Testament deity as she destroys then recreates her scenes - with deft strokes, sprinkles and sweeps she keeps the narrative going. She moves the judges to tears as she subtitles the final scene "you are always near".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

That's unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wow, spectactular....you feel like you've just watched an entire play!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Superlatives fail me!
    Amazing. Simply amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

absolutly class,,,id give her one too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Woah!

Will be watching that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Words fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Jesus... amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

saw that earlier today, amazing. and what a babe:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

amazing.... was expecting aload of sandcastles..... some of them are amazing to,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can't believe that came from a "got talent" show. That's actual talent and it pisses all over anything from any other country.

She's also incredibly hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Watched it last night, incredible. Yeah she is hot but that is some serious, serious talent she has. Where could she go with it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Naos wrote: »
    Watched it last night, incredible. Yeah she is hot but that is some serious, serious talent she has. Where could she go with it though?
    Playboy? Oh wait you probably meant the sand thing..... Sports illustrated swimsuit edition?

how does someone even find out they're good at that?!

def showing it to my ukrainian sister in law.. pretty amazing talent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Gobsmacked.

I hope the importance of the subject to the Ukranian people isn't lost on anyone here either.

Lump in my throat from it. Just... wow...

Advertisement