Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere really nice for graduation meal

Options
  • 15-08-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im graduating in a few weeks from UL and am looking for somewhere REALLY nice to go for a meal with my family after. All thats popping into my head at the moment is the Strand, Clarion, Castle Oaks.. don't want to go to Castletroy Park or Kilmurry Lodge! Anyone suggestions would be really welcome on where's great or if there's somewhere the food isnt great or that we should avoid.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

We ate in the Cornstone there on Thomas Street recently (across the road from Bella Italia) and the food was great. Really busy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hamptons on Henry street? The Market square on Hartstonge street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 narvikstar

hey what about Freddys Bistro.....one of my fav places to eat in Limerick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Check the Restaurants sticky at the top of the forum, lots of tips and recommendations there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The Market Square is a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Riordan123

I know its out of Limerick City, but the Old Mill, in O'Briens Bridge is lovely! Really nice food, and really nice restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If you want an up market restaurant, The Mustard Seed in Ballingarry is excellent imo. It's a nice country house.

64 euro each for a four course meal though, although you get what you pay for imho.
    e.g

starter
    soup/salad
    main course
    dessert

Maybe check out a tourist office for a "Good Places to Eat In Limerick" leaflet. That would help you out big time.

Hope you enjoy your graduation

Regards,
    thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Coolcappa

Dromoland are doing a great offer- €65 for a five course dinner..........was there last night and the place was great

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I went to the Woodlands Hotel in Adare for my graduation meal.lovely meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

How many are going for dinner and is there a budget?

• Advertisement
Advertisement