Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peniche Surf Camp in Portugal

Options
  • 15-08-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Heading there for a week this winter.

Just wondering if anyone has been before and can let me know what to expect. Kind of worried about arriving there from Lisbon airport on a Sunday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

hi there - i'm portuguese

i've never been at that surf camp but any question you have just put it here and i'll be happy to help - if you need translations or directions there is no problem

also, my cousin (who surfs for years now) is from around the area - he might be able to help you with direction - if he's free, he might even give you a lift or help you get there

wanna post here some more info so i can help ya ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 saluedo

The only main worry is the public transport. We used to live in Spain where nothing happens/works/opens on a Sunday and public transport is at a minimum (like here unfortunately!) and we are hoping that this isn't the case in Portugal. Could you tell me which bus station in Lisbon we have to get to from the airport in order to get the bus to Peniche? The websites seem a bit fuzzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

sunday will look like a normal day (with just a tiny little less traffic)

the GO THERE section has some really good information on how to get to peniche http://www.penichesurfcamp.com/mod.php?lang=en&mod=FAQ

but i can check with my cousin if there are better ways to get there

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AntHraxEater

I was at Peniche Surf Camp 3 times in the last couple of years, they are a good crew and I've always enjoyed it. Their place is in Baleal which is 15 minutes drive north of Peniche. Here is the cheapest way to go:

Get an Aeroshuttle bus from Lisbon airport to Sete Rio metro station.
    http://www.golisbon.com/transport/airport-shuttle.html

From there get a Red Express bus to Peniche. Walk out of Sete Rio metro station into the Red Express bus station, they are right beside each other. The bus trip is about 1½ hours. Timetables are here, in Portugese but easy to figure out: http://www.rede-expressos.pt.

When you get to Peniche bus station take a taxi from there to Baleal, about 15 minutes drive. If you don't find a taxi at the bus station (50/50!) walk 15 minutes to the town center and you will pick one up. Best bet is the restaurant area in front of the harbour. This is the only part of the trip that's kind of a pain. If you're staying long enough with them the surf camp will arrange a lift for you for free, it's worth giving them a ring to find out.

There's always the airport transfer if you don't mind paying but it's cheaper to get the bus.

Enjoy the breaks!

Advertisement