Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematical Sciences in UCC? Anyone??

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I know this is probably the umpteen thread and you're all tired and weary but i would just like to ask a few things regarding this course, and if anyone can add other bits of info it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to Boards.ie and going into 6th year so any help at all is great!

CK407 Mathematical Sciences is the course i hope to do. After first year i then hope to continue and get a Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science degree and eventually become a qualified actuary! (Well hopefully anyway!)

Before I choose I want to ask a few questions about the course and eventual career:
    1. What should i prepare for?
    2. Is the workload fierce and heavy?
    3. What are the lecturers like?
    4. Do I need Applied Maths cause I didn't do it?
    My leaving cert subjects are English, irish, maths, french, biology,
    business and accounting (All higher level.)
    5. How many years after college will i still have to endure before i'm qualified?
    6. What is the salary like when training and when finished?
    7. Whats the work itself like? Boring or challenging?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This is a Help Desk for boards.ie site related issues - not college choice help ;)

Have you considered trying the dedicated UCC forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ineedananswer

Hey thanks for replying!

Ya i've tried the UCC forum but to no avail.

I suppouse what i really need and hope is that a qualified actuary will stumble across this thread and answer my questions!! I really want to know both the pros and cons of this course..

ANYONE OUT THERE??? LOL

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't actually see a post on that forum from you. As people can't answer you here, you may want to go there and post up. You'll find students able to assist you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ineedananswer

hey thought u meant look through current posts!!

Advertisement