Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leav cert

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

didnt get enough points for primary teach . I really want it, does any know about or have they done fetac option into arts degree?? Am i better to repeat or go fetac /plc way at least i'll get in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Ok not getting primary teaching on the first shot is not the end of the world. You can do an arts degree and then an 18 month diploma in primary school teaching. Ok its a little longer but it can still be done!

Bonne chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Exactly. I know many people who have done the Hdip course after their degree. Make sure you have teaching experience when you apply though, maybe some volunteering in the classroom. Alternatively you could repeat the LC or apply to an English college next year and when you are qualified do a course in Irish.

You will probably get more replies in detail in the Teaching and Lecturing forum or www.educationposts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

The postgrad option above is a fairly straightforward one, but if you weren't too far off the points for teaching it could be worth your while repeating. Repeat students don't tend to jump massively in terms of points, but if you only just missed the B. Ed repeating is a serious option for you. Good luck with whatever you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

Over here, over where, over everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

Over here, over where, over everywhere!

Ha?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

pjtb wrote: »
    Ha?:confused:

They've been doing that all night.

You should look at the schoolbag thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sar_Lou

Thanks, missed both arts deg & BED & was wondering if anyone has gone the way of plc course with auto entry into arts degree, if its worth a shot or just repeat

Not to put a dampner on your spirits but It would be extremely hard to complete a PLC to get into Arts, complete Arts, get teaching experience and apply for the Hdip and get into the course.
    Hundreds of people apply for the Hdip every year and a very little percentage get it in the end. The ones that do have acted as SNAs or subbed in a school etc.
    If you really want to be a teacher, I'd advise repeating the LC unfortunatley. Then you can do the Arts route, B. Ed. or apply in the British courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sar_Lou

Thanks, have i'vea place in lees st organised just checking all my options as expence is very big to parents, but i'm determined 2 get there!

That's great. If you're really determined and prepared to work for it, you should do well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

you never know the points might fall....
    fingers crossesd for you tomorrow!
    Good Luck with whatever you do:)

Advertisement