Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog flap in PVC Door

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at putting a dog flap in our back door which is PVC type door. Has anyone any experience in doing this? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is there instructions with it? I'd assume you'd have to measure and cut out an appropriate sized hole in the door to fit it securely. And can you lock it closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Sorry i havent actually bought the flap yet. I wanted to see if people had any experiences in fitting them to PVC doors and how easy/difficult it was before making the purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ahh ok, I don't have any experience myself I'm afraid. My dad made a thing to fit into our sliding door, like so the thing fits in and the door closes to the side of it. So we didn't have to get up every five minutes to open the door. And that way lots of flies or things wouldn't come in during the summer. It had mesh up the top. He's made a winter one with perspex.

Obv that's not the same as what you're looking for sorry, but just if it were an option maybe. I'm sure it's not very difficult if you've any DIY experience?

Advertisement