Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Bags

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Jansport! You get a 30 year guarantee with them.

They don't have designs like the one in your link though. Also they're expensive but well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Saoirse1993

Larkin501 wrote: »

They don't have designs like the one in your link though. Also they're expensive but well worth it.

Thanks for the reply!! Do you think the one in the link looks good tho? Im not sure-is it a bit flowery!!?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I'll second that... unreal bags! I think they are around €50 but well, well worth it! You can get a pink one AFAIK!

Thanks for the reply!! Do you think the one in the link looks good tho? Im not sure-is it a bit flowery!!?:p

Don't ask me about the flowers. I'm a man and we don't notice :pac:

The bag's dimensions are a bit small. I'd look for a bigger bag (assuming you're going into 6th year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Jansport are great, I used one for school and had another that lasted almost 4years in college, goin on fieldtrips twas great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

coming from a girl i think that ones horrible tbh, go for a block colour like bright pink, that way your less likely to get sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

rugbytech bags are quite strong.I had one through 5th and 6th year and it only started giving up the ghost a few weeks up to grad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

There are some really nice ones in elverys and they have great deals! I got a ripcurl bag,its nice an big and pretty looking :D There about €17-€20 each but you can get 2 for €25, so its worth going with a friend to pick some out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have a Jansport one, theyre pretty damn good, (I weirdly "Into" school bags) buying a decent one is definitely an investment.

Important points to take into consideration:
    • Get one with wide straps, your back will thank you.
    • Avoid white, you'll use it for at least two years, it'll get filthy.
    • Dont get an impractically small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'd also go with the jansport bag. I had mine for 5th and 6th year. In my last year of college now and still looks brand new when I wash it in the washing machine. It hasn't detoriated a bit. You really can't buy better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Hey did anyone else find that the leaving finished off there school bag:D

Id a jansport in fairly good nick last year now a strap and both zips are fecked

seriously you bring home your entire locker full of books everynight after x-mas:o

+1 jansport the best a man can get;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

north face: by far are the most comfortable but pricey

jansport: basically read above

Roxy: all the girls in my school thought they were the "cool ones"

Elverys: cheap as chips dont know about quality

look around the 40 euro because you do not want to walk around with 20lbs on your bags and straps that hurt and you want the space to be able to carry all your books at once like secondrow says

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Have to go with Jansport. You will be lugging a massive amount of wieght and from my school, they were the only bags that held up to scrutiny. I've had mine for about 5 years now and is still in one piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

With the amount of sh!te for leaving cert, something like this should just about suffice:

click

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Nike bag saw me through!

Always love the bags they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

They still do. They even have a website!

Irish owned as well. Nice to save the economy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

They still do. They even have a website!

Irish owned as well. Nice to save the economy :pac:

Do you have a link?:D

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Do you have a link?:D

www.sporthouse.ie

Wasn't hard to guess :pac:

You can't buy them from the site. It only gives you info and it's whereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

www.sporthouse.ie

Wasn't hard to guess :pac:

Sorry, my head is all over the place-i have a head cold:(

Thanks btw!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Remington, tbh I had it for a laptop. But its savage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

rhapsody! wrote: »
    With the amount of sh!te for leaving cert, something like this should just about suffice:

click

I think that girl is just abnormally small because really that bag doesn't look too out of proportion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JM434

Where is the best place to buy Jansport bags in Dublin? I tried Arnotts and Elverys but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

JM434 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy Jansport bags in Dublin? I tried Arnotts and Elverys but no luck.
    The Bagshop was the shop for Jansport bags. They went into liquidation few months back though:rolleyes: Also, Champion sports and Arnotts had a few, but seeing as most peps are back in school now, they're sold out:p

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I got an Underamour bag in elverys. The straps and back are padded(very comfortable) and there's plenty of room in it for all my books. It comes with a lifetime gaurantee. I think it was €32 which is reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've had a sporthouse bag since I started secondary. Depends on how you mind it tbh. Mine is rip-free but i know a guy that had a massive rip in his after 2 years (coz he just threw it all around the place and threw his books any way into it) and stapled the rip back up together (and its still going!).

They are also great for tippexing on as well :D. And they come in a variety of colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dubois90

what about the one in neds declassified school survivor guide :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement