Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea sprint triathlon

Options
  • 15-08-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey, am doing my first sprint triathlon on sun 13th in loughrea. im 19, new to the sport but reasonably fit....only 2 months training done as leaving cert got in the way....wudnt be the fastest swimmer (17 min) 4 750m......bike and run pretty good though!!!

Just wondering has anyone any tips for a newbie, and is anyone else doing the same race!!!

cheers!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭urban cowboy

your well on course, 17 min for 750m is reasonable pace. Enjoy the day. I did my first triathlon in athlone this year and learnt more through just doing it. Make a list of all the things you need in Transition 1 and transition 2. T1; bike, helmet, and cleats (if using shoes that clip into the pedals). T2; runners.
    Best to wear a trisuit under your wetsuit as you won't have to change clothes in either transitions.
    Non essentials: cycle glasses, gloves, lubricant to help getting your wetsuit off, food(which over a sprint distance of say an hour and half of exertion you may be able to get away without, of course your call)

Im sure others have loads of other stuff that they can add, but really for your first one its all about just doing it. After, you will have plenty of ideas on were you can improve

Advertisement