Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speeds

Options
  • 15-08-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I have recently changed my provider from digiweb to ntl, the package speeds i had with digiweb was 8Mb and now with ntl it is 10Mb but when downloading using torrents before the download could reach up to 500kb/s and now i'm lucky to get 50kb/s! I'm not too technical really and would appreciate if anyone knows of anyway how to optimise download speeds, or if its even possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How many seeds? A torrent is only any good if its being seeded and You're depending on the rate other people upload at

A better indication of Your speed is a speedtest or even better than that download a big file from a fast server like this and tell us what speed You're getting after 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This should be in Broadband, you'll get alot more help/answers there too

Advertisement