Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a cert issued from reci or ecssa?

Options
  • 15-08-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm a qualified sparky and i'm after being asked to price a couple of new houses and not being a member of either reci or ecssa i was wondering if anyone knew the procedure in getting a cert off them and how much it would cost. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

as far as i know u pay them a few hundred euro and fill out the application form. the form is available on ecssa website but doesnt say how much. there is a few things u have to do i think before they will come out but think its all straightforward enough. best thing is prob to send them an email or ring them. i know my boss is a ecssa member and if he ever needs anything he just rings our local rep and there usually quite helpful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

details of both on www.ecssa.ie or www.reci.ie

You need to have all the testing done as a normal registeresd contractor would, your readings should be the same as the one the inspector gets when he comes out ( so do it properly )
    They will also want to see the test equipment you used. If anyting is wrong they will chrage to come back & check it a second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wes342

yea i'm gonna have to get a loan of test meters anyway, so will the inspector actually want to see these? 300 euro with ecssa and 388 euro with reci for non registered inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

wes342 wrote: »
    yea i'm gonna have to get a loan of test meters anyway, so will the inspector actually want to see these? 300 euro with ecssa and 388 euro with reci for non registered inspection

i know with registered contractors you must have your own tester and it must be yearly inspected and calibrated not sure if same applies in your case but it may. best thing is give them a ring or if u will be doin a good few of your own jobs just become a member mite be easier in long run

Advertisement