Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asia eeepc 1000he

Options
  • 15-08-2009 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Having read a review of this device I felt obliged to pick one up. Only problem is, I can't seem to find anyone anywhere at all selling them, which is surprising considering they have been out for six months now.

I did find one seller on the Amazon.co.Uk marketplace but amazon tell me they won't ship to Ireland.

Is it possible for me to order from Asia ? Do people do it ? I might go looking further afield.

Thanks

ps: the thread title should be Asus and not 'Asia'. iPhone likes to autocorrect these things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

For the most part, the 1000HE has been superseded by the 1005HA, so that may be why it is difficult to source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mad_max_power

I am pretty sure i saw one of these on sale in pc world for around 375 euro. It was called the Asus EEEpc 1005 but i think its what you want.

I am pretty sure because i was so impressed by the look of it I started playing around with it and googled a review of it while using it in the store.

While i have you here i have a question for you. I am very interested in buying one of these but i have one reservation. Can i run Big programs on it like MS office, I ask because i would love one of these to take with me on the move but if it can't work SAS and Several other programs I wouldn't bother.

Can you give me advice will it be able to use these programs.
    I will be using programs for calculations and word processing mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I had the original netbook. I generally found it was kinda slow overall. Great for the price and pretty convenient. But I think when it came down to it the CPU just wasnt fast enough for Windows XP + usage.

I havent tried the newer models.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

damnyanks wrote: »
    I had the original netbook. I generally found it was kinda slow overall. Great for the price and pretty convenient. But I think when it came down to it the CPU just wasnt fast enough for Windows XP + usage.

I havent tried the newer models.

What do you mean by the "original"?
    I have the advent 4211. Which has an atom processor and i upgraded the RAM to 2Gb. It's more than capable of running office apps and xp, hell even windows vista ran on it. I'll be install windows 7 RTM later today to see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm guessing he means the 7" Eee PC. Not really a fair comparison, to be honest. Also, to the earlier poster, the 1005(HA) is not the 1000HE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Two things.. I still think the Asus 1000HE trumps their newer models. AFAIK, they've changed touchpad suppliers (for the worse) and the battery supplied is the longest running Eee available.

ideapads102batteryeater.png

Granted, you get a very slender 1005HA.. but I think the sacrifice for that Kate Moss thinness is at the buyer's expense.

From a technical point of view, internally, NOTHING has changed.

I'm on the look out as well, I hope prices come down due to 'newer' models.

Advertisement