Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating question

Options
  • 14-08-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

the course i want to do lists english as an entry requirement, along with chemistry. I met the entry requirements for these subjects, but am thinking of repeating to get higher points - do I have to do english and/or chemistry to meet entry requirements again next year?
    sorry if that doesnt make any sense, just trying to make sense of it all myself really. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Blur

I'm not 100% certain but I think you're ok and can use chemistry and English from this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

No you do not have to do english/ chemistry if you repeat next year as you have met the minimum matriculation requirements for the course in question.

You can only count points from a seperate sitting of the leaving certificate. i.e you cant combine an A1 in english from 2008 with a C1 in chemistry from 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Thankyou both, you've made my day, makes repeating that bit less daunting! Got a B1 in english and know I could do better but having a whole new course to learn really doesnt appeal to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

what course do you want to do? If it's medicine you will have to repeat english and chemistry this year. If it's any other course, then as in above posts you do not have to do these subjects again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Not medicine, thanks for the advice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement