Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky box off ebay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

ring them again and tell them you are going to cancel the sub and see what they come back with. i rang last year for my uncle and they wanted €100 to replace a standard box. after i said i was going cancel they said €50 and when i said no again they came out with a new one for free. worth a try. i've an old pace sky+ box 80gb but no sub. let me know if you are interested in it if you've no luck with sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What was your old sky box? Was it a plus or not; if not then you will need to factor in the additional cabling costs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The sky + box looks fantastic value to tide you over till you move to HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Another tip re delivery costs.

I spoke to that seller before on Skype and he told me delivey of €50 is the same if you order up to 4 boxes same fee of €50.

So in other words if you had 4 people to club together to make purchase your delivery cost could be shared and would work out at €13.33 instead of €50

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

i've an old pace sky+ box 80gb but no sub

No thanks 80gb is to small.
    What was your old sky box? Was it a plus or not; if not then you will need to factor in the additional cabling costs

It was not a Sky+ Box, but the cabling costs are nil, as my brother is an electricians, i will have to buy a quad LBN.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The sky + box looks fantastic value to tide you over till you move to HD

It is great value but, the Sky+ HD Box is x2 the space and when i get my HDTV, maybe i should wait until i get a HDTV and hope they are cheaper.:D:D
    I spoke to that seller before on Skype and he told me delivey of €50 is the same if you order up to 4 boxes same fee of €50.

Which one are you on about.

Will it be OK to have HD Box on a non-HDTV, will it have the same picture as i did on my Sky Box. Also, is PACE the best Box to get as it has the new EPG (on the HD Box only).

Also what do you think off this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280385231326&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280384786359&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DSI%252BISS%252BUCI%26otn%3D4

Also what do you think a HD Box should be sold for on eBay or what did you paid for a box on eBay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement