Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Limerick Train Station

Options
  • 14-08-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Is there overnight parking available at Limerick train station? I need to go to Dublin for a two day course and will be catching the train. I'd like to catch an early morning train which means I will need to drive to Limerick & leave the car there as there isn't a bus from Ennis to Limerick at that hour of the morning. If there's no overnight parking is there anywhere you recommend for overnight parking in Limerick?

Cheers,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is overnight parking at the station

Could you not just get the train from Ennis to Limerick and then change for Dublin...? You could get the 0645 train from Ennis and be in Dublin at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately the course I am doing starts at 9.30 so that train is no good. I'd like to be Dublin by 9 at the latest. I looked at the train timetable a few days ago and there is one that leaves early (5.30ish) that I'll probably catch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

mel.b wrote: »
    Is there overnight parking available at Limerick train station? I need to go to Dublin for a two day course and will be catching the train. I'd like to catch an early morning train which means I will need to drive to Limerick & leave the car there as there isn't a bus from Ennis to Limerick at that hour of the morning. If there's no overnight parking is there anywhere you recommend for overnight parking in Limerick?

Cheers,
    Mel.b
    As Neon Circle said there is overnight parking but there are signs up in certain areas saying Overnight parking not recommended in this area. Try and get a space right outside the main door at the front - but at that time of the morning you should have no problem with that.
    It costs €4 on entry (only accepts 1 and 2 euro coins). So you won't find much cheaper than that.

Word of warning though, around 9 years ago I left my very old Fiesta parked there for a weekend, came back to smashed windows and a damaged ignition (I suppose at least it was still there :rolleyes: ). Don't know what its like in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ah

but at any rate, try to book your train tickets online- and get 50% off if you check this thread and use the appropriate voucher code ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055649010&page=3

Advertisement