Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Trading Anyone?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking today about an idea for trading or swapping of any stuff we might have on the forum. I'm not sure it can be done, infact it's probably against the rules, but I thought I might give it a try anyway.

Basically, if you have anything you would like to trade or swap, or your looking for something, you could post it up here, and someone would be bound to be interested and could swap or trade. I think buying stuff ie cash offers would be prohibited anyway, so save that for gumtree or adverts.

So, if this is cool with the mods, would anyone else be interested?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hmmm... theres a swap section on adverts.ie so I'm afraid the same rules will have to apply as sales. Post links to adverts.ie in this thread only please. If your giving stuff away however you can post away.

Cheers,

LoGiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Argh, ah, might as well be done on adverts then, thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well, how about we make a sticky of stuff on adverts we're swapping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

We did this on the Photography thread, didn't kick off to well but there wasnt a problem as there was no money etc involved!

I think its a great Idea and maybe the mods could think about it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

You could also use the site I set up if you want - it's free of course (see my sig).
    I even have a retro section.

Mods - not sure if I'm allow post my site, so please feel free to delete this post if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The Cycling forum got their own "Adverts" sub-forum. They've a pretty big and closely knit community and they felt that the Adverts.ie site didn't properly suit their needs which were more unique and of a broader scale than that that was available on Adverts. I think a similar sub-section here would be a good idea considering some poster's aversion to using Adverts for buying retro stuff.

The archery, airsoft and shooting forum have their own "for sale" section but I think that's mainly because of the legality of selling such things they'd be selling.

I'm inclined to agree with Alan Rouge on this one. The forum here is modestly sized but I think we are all close and friendly with each other, it could be done.

+1 For that Idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On the topic of the airsoft sales sub forum - we had it created so we could keep an eye on the trading going on given the nature of the items being sold. It's not a legal thing, it's just to be on the safe side. I have to say though, it does work really well.

I would be also interested in trading items here given the chance. So +1 on the idea. (This may be better suited for the forums forum)

o1s1n wrote: »
    (This may be better suited for the forums forum)

Away you go, I'm fully behind you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

O1s1n, fair play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice one o1s1n!

Anyone know what the story is with the request we made earlier on? Haven't seen any official comment on it as of yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It's still waiting for approval (or rejection!) Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Lol we'll be waiting for that for ages
    PS3 will be retro by the time it's approved :pac:

Advertisement