Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating & Leaving Cert advice needed...

Options
  • 14-08-2009 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm going back to repeat Irish , English and Maths this year I'm doing hons Irish and English and Ord Maths problem I have is I first did the leaving in 2004 so Im just wondering If I could get some advice. I know I'm mad...Im really worried about Irish as I did Ord first time around and got B1 but Ive barely spoke a word of it in 5 years.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Dandoline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Well I am fluent Irish speaker and if you want to to honours irish then do it!!!

There is a bit of a difference between the two courses but as your doing 3 subjects and not 7 or 6 then try the honours course.Practise grammer every day and the different tenses, I cannot stress that enough.I know you heard it all before but they say it for a reason ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sickened

okay i need advice as well for repeating. I dont intend on doing english again its just to much effort so i was wondering what subject would be suitable to take up and complete in 1 year? I was thinking about economics because i'm gud enough at businesss so i'd like to know what people think of this and other subjects. Oh and btw i already do biology, geogarphy, business and french. Any help is appreciated;):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Apparently Home Ec is a good one if you've already done Biology.

yeah i was thinkin home ec but i'm only alright at biology so dunno if home ec would suit me but i suppose it cud be an option:confused:does anybody have opinions on economics or another subject they think is "manageble":o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

I was thinking Economics too, but in an interview for a grind school today they said it was really hard. Oh, but do Ag, I took it up last year in about October and got an A1. Really handy if you can blab about farm shít.

• Advertisement

oh never thought of ag science actually i heard it wasnt to hard aswel so might take a look at that:)cheers for that;)ye economics is suppose to be pretty hard but its actually something i'd have an interest in thats why i was considerin it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Sickened wrote: »
    economics is suppose to be pretty hard but its actually something i'd have an interest in thats why i was considerin it:confused:

it's supposed to be easier to get a high grade in economics because the answers tend to be more specific. People with an interest in it tend to do well. And it's supposed to be one of the shorter courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 triedtwice

Am repeating my LC and doing Ag Science for the first time - could anyone please help me with the project work????? It has to be in for the end of March and i haven't even started yet - actually i don't even know what i'm supposed 2 do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

triedtwice wrote: »
    Am repeating my LC and doing Ag Science for the first time - could anyone please help me with the project work????? It has to be in for the end of March and i haven't even started yet - actually i don't even know what i'm supposed 2 do!!!

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467114&highlight=science

Advertisement