Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A complex Q - 1 website but two CO's - joint venture.

Options
  • 14-08-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There are two CO's involved - one UK & one Irish.

The website is a joint venture and the two CO's will supply the site the products which they stock.

The important point is that the separate CO's must be paid for the goods that they actually supply to the website and in turn customer. This is important from a company law and VAT perspective. The Irish company cannot profit from goods it does not stock etcetera.

What I would like to know is:
    • Is it possible for a payment processor to split the monies from an order and route it to two separate company bank accounts?
    I believe this may be awkward - I know that it can be done in a batch type format once a day or so but automatically online would be the ideal method.

It would be preferable for the customer to only have the one shopping experience and not have to input his/her details twice.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Hey,

I think this one might be a difficult one to implement. Will you be using a Payments Bureau (PayPal or WorldPay) or a Payments Service Provider (Realex or WorldNet)?

PayPal have announced the PayPal Adaptive Payments API which will have support for chained payments which would allow you to implement this. Notice I say announced it is not available yet. The Amazon Flexible Payments API already has support for chained payments but as far as I am aware they do not work with Irish Merchants.

I do not know of any Payment Service Providers who can support this. Even if you did find a Payment Service Provider willing to implement a service to support your required functionality I suspect you would encounter difficultly relating to the Internet Merchant Account.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks a lot Dave!

We would be looking to use a payments service provider such as realex with a suitable merchant account.

I did feel that two merchant accounts would have been required and to my very basic knowledge this seemed like a tall order and not at all practical.

It is acceptable from a business perspective to do a single transaction for the required amount once every day or two (effectively manually routing the correct amount). It is not an issue but obviously the monies due to say the Eire CO would temporarily reside in the UK business account - I was looking for a way to avoid this where possible.

OT - I am pretty much sold on Realex - trying now to decide on the merchant account. UBMS from what I have read on here appear overall to be the most progressive and easy to deal with.

Are the rates/deals from Irish merchant accounts comparable to those available from UK merchant accounts?

Thanks again Dave.

Advertisement