Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Oven bakes at 490*F and 1080p

Options
  • 14-08-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,680 ✭✭✭✭

http://gizmodo.com/5337290/cops-bust-guy-selling-oven-door-disguised-as-hdtv

This guy has balls.
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Wow, good try. San Leandro, California police stopped a man after reports he tried to sell an HDTV at a Wal-Mart parking lot. However! It turned out to be a plastic-wrapped glass oven door with Sony and Best Buy stickers. The man is suspected of trying to charge $100 for what appeared to be a 37-inch flat screen television. He had even stuffed electronic cables and a manual in the back.
    San Leandro police Lt. Pete Ballew called it a variation on the old "rocks in a box" scam, in which a box is presented as containing new, expensive electronics for sale but is actually full of rocks.
    Most of us would spot the scam a mile away, but it does make you wonder if anyone would fall for it. I certainly know a couple of people (including my Dad) who might.

Source Source and Photo

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...1080p...

Food in high resolution? :eek:
    Thats one hell of an oven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I got one a while ago, stupid piece of crap only shows the cooking channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Overheal wrote: »
    This guy has balls.

And right now they're being fondled by a 20 stone convict named Snake.

Advertisement