Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!!!! sick beardie

Options
  • 14-08-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi

i think there is something wrong with my bearded dragon :(. she wont eat.. hasnt poop in a few days and when she is walking around she wont lift her head up....

does anyone know what this could be:confused:... or know what i can do

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Hi,

What age is she? and what are you feeding her, sometimes if they can't pass stool it's a sign of impaction are her back legs moving? Also what are the temps.

www.repticzone.com is a good spot for more info.

Also try Reptile Haven on Fishamble street in town, guy in there Ben is brilliant and will take a look at her and refer you to a decent reptile vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 babydollbabe

i feed her crickets.. she is about 2.5 years old.. her back legs arent really moving not as much as the front... i usually go in and ask ben but taugh id put it up here first..

her tank is warm but she is cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

it could be a really bad infection, or obstuction in the stomack/bowl , its hard to tell witout looking at her, does she get much calcium could be metabolic bone diease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 babydollbabe

i put calcium powder on her crickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Do you only feed her crickets? At 2 and a half years she should be getting more veggies than crickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

i would say she needs to go to the vets, she needs xrays she could possible be obstructed with eggs or have an infection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Ya should get the beardie down to Barbara O'Malley vets in Bray, shes one of the only exotics vets in Ireland and deals with beardies regularly. It sounds like malnutrition and/or and impaction in the intestines. Above poster is right a beardie that age should be eating veg every day, at least 80% of its diet should be dark green leafy veg, but not iceberg lettuce or cabbage. Also not fruit (except as a treat). Dandylions, rocket, baby spinach, courgettes, and romaine lettuce are all good. remember to dust insects once to twice a week for a beardie that old. And only feed 4 - 5 days a week. Make sure your Viv is not too warm as this is also a common mistake. Hope it all works out well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pop her in a warm bath up to her shoulders.It sounds like shes "constipated" for want of a better word.A warm bath usually loosens them up.
    If that fails get to a vet asap.

Advertisement