Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to join irishastronomy.org ?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Been lurking for a while here and gonna buy some binoculars soon.

Was just wondering? How long does it take for mods to approve new registrations on the irishastronomy.org site?

The site says 'joining only takes a minute and it's free'.

Joining may be free - but it takes bloody well longer than two minutes! :)

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

It took about 24 hours for me, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Cheers jammy.

Was hoping to put a bid on something for sale on the forum before the weekend.

Ah well... patience is a virtue! (and all that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

I think i know which one you want to buy haha.

Are strathspey an ok make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

I thought you were after the Celestron NexStar 8SE GoTo Telescope :D
    Yes strathspey are a good quality make.

• Advertisement

I thought you were after the Celestron NexStar 8SE GoTo Telescope :D
    Yes strathspey are a good quality make.

:D Ha ha.

A bit (understatement) out of my understanding and price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

HaHa that was funny :D

Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Folks - the mods are volunteers and unfortunately not always around

I guess that sometimes a prospective member submits their registration and if there are no mods about, there'll be a short wait.

I'd hope that registration happens pretty quickly but I'll pass the message onto the mods of irishastronomy.org and see if there's anything we can do to speed things up a little. Maybe we need a few more mods...

By the way, a few of the folks here (including me) would be mods on those boards. If you're registered and got no response, no harm in posting up a message here as a gentle reminder to us to get our fingers out ;)

Cheers
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I know it's volunteer run and it's a fantastic resource.

Was just wondering :)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Hey quad_red

I've noticed that a few folks here would be beginners and I have on the odd occasion posted the irishastronomy link here.

The irishastronomy forum and the folks there are really keen to help in any way possible. We were all noobs at some point after all! And I'm delighted you consider it an excellent resource. Certainly the folks that gave gained experience through getting help on the boards are always keen to "give back" to the community. I personally wouldn't have achieved half of what I've done without those boards.

Anyhow, I've asked the "powers that be" if we could get a couple more mods on board to help speed up registrations - with the nights drawing in, we're bound to get more interest in coming months.

I know ye weren't giving out by the way - but it was a fair point well made and anything we can do to make things quicker, then we'll try and do that!

So thanks for letting us know. :)

Cheers
    Dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement